external freecom 250gb problem

cactikid

VIP Member
went to hook up an old freecom hard drive to pc,it is not seen at all,it is powering up and spinning,changed usb lead and still the same,also tried on 2 different pcs,the 500gb gets picked up ok
any ideas please.

is it possible the drive has a letter you have already associated to another drive,that happened to me with a internal drive,i just ran easus partition master,it saw the drive and i changed its drive letter and voila it was seen,might be a completely different thing thou

using the usb port it should get detected so it cant see it,the 500 gets detected easily as i see the icon come up.
strange thing got another 1tb external hard drive by iomega and plugged into a new sat box and i used the freecom lead and that was not seen also,i read the booklet and it said use the lead supplied so there must be a slight difference in them.used their lead and light flashed and was detected then:faint::happy:

Glad your sorted anyway,still a strange one having to use the original lead,the only problem i have had has been using the wrong lead with 2.0

null modem cable and serial lead coming back to haunt me lol,did not know there was a difference(y)i will get the 250 checked and see whats up with it.

Good god thats a blast from the past,i have just pulled out 6 of them cables from a box in a press under the computer,i still have kept them and the doorstoppers for which they were intended

plenty of other things may use the null modem cable so i wont throw any out hehehe,plenty of cables for what??bit like the odd sock in drawer syndrome,maybe should have labeled cables to use with that product(y)

If you saw the amount of cables,atx's,dvd rom drives,wii drives,composite connectors,phone to pc connectors,car chargers for a multitude of devices,ethernet cables,power adaptors,sd and micro sd adaptors,usb reader and writers,sim devils and so on,whats worse is i still know what each one is for,i will be at this spring clean till tomorrow and its only in a space 1 and a half meters square

that tall is it,might do the same as a church fete is looming again more stuff to shift,recycle where possible and buy it back again next year:whacko:ROFL

Back