external Hard drive issues zgema H2H

hash69

Had this issues ongoing for ages i have a external HD 250 gb the light is flashing on it so i know it is connected
some days for example if i put something in the planner to record then go to watch it i get a warning disc full failed
its like it goes into sleep mode and switches to internal hard drive i say that because it is saying disc full so i'm guessing it tried to record on the internal
only way i can get the external hard drive booting back up is if i restart the box which it will then recognize the drive then i have to initialization the drive
tried other external discs same thing happening totally unreliable having to baby the box to record anything
the system i have on the box is grogbuild
any clues what is going on here ?

gray1313
yeah i think it is here are my recording settings

Attachments

• DSC09892.JPG
    DSC09892.JPG
    804.3 KB · Views: 20
I have had that problem with the internal hdd on H7s so tried a usb stick and it seemed to work so removed internal to external in caddie so far so good, mine would be ok after a flash for a week or two then disappear with failed recordings and messages say no space to record!! I initialled/mounted/and set up swap file but it still happened, I hoping its ok now!! Not sure if its woosh or openatv or the hdd itself.

When i restarted the box it went to the dreaded blue screen so i switched it off at the mains when i switched it back on it just stuck on boot
so i re-flashed opentv 6.2 then put grogbuild back on via openweb
a pain in the arse but it was the only way to get the box back up and running
hopefully the hard drive issue was a software issue

Usb and hdd need to be setup correctly does it say ext4 R / W
Is ext 4 the correct setting for hdd as I have been having real problems which could be down to this, I removed the hdd yesterday and connected through usb3 h 7s
All was well but after reading your post I unmounted /removed swap/initialized and changed ext3 to ext4 then mounted/swap seems to be working ok, are these settings correct? What I will do is leave it in the caddy for a couple of weeks and if no prob put it back interally!! There's always something to learn!!

Yes sounds better as when you see your hdd mounted it should say ext4 R / W.
when people think ahh just fit it and it will work not always the way and issues happen.

Yes sounds better as when you see your hdd mounted it should say ext4 R / W.
when people think ahh just fit it and it will work not always the way and issues happen.
Cheers, I think I just expected infinity to do it for me!! My other box is on openvix and I think the flash process must have put that in right ext

No any box usb and hdd need to be setup from scratch as not automatically done,image reflashing should not change hdd i think but i always setup boxes and mounts afresh so i know its done.
Bit like driving a car as it needs fuel to run lol

No any box usb and hdd need to be setup from scratch as not automatically done,image reflashing should not change hdd i think but i always setup boxes and mounts afresh so i know its done.
Bit like driving a car as it needs fuel to run lol
I will check the other box tomorrow!!

Agree with cactikid some will create swap file and mount but always better to double check and do it yourself then you know its actually mounted ect

imfinity should sort it all out but with the changes atv have made and wooshman not getting round to fixing the changes yet thats whats most probably happened

Back