F5s won't connect to upc broadband

Christy o

Hi guys,

i have set set up a f5s in my house it's working perfectly.
when I bring it to my friends house it will not connect to his upc broadband he has 50 Mbps and it's working on PC Xbox no problem.
its using eithnet I've tried using different cables and it keeps saying offline.

ive turned off the firewall on the router.

any ideas anyone I read something about port forwarding but I'm not sure what I'm doing.

can someone please help.

thanks,
christy

Hello Buddy

I had this exact issue. The cause of mine was that I had two types of wireless encryption and it couldn't connect. I guess if you've turned that firewall off it should be fine.

Says disconnected on wired/wireless?

Sorry for taking so long to get back this World Cup is taking up to much of my time.
its a wired connecting.
the firewall is off on the router I've heard something about port forwarding but I'm not sure how to do it or would it help.
any ideas.

thanks
christy

Hi guys,

i have set set up a f5s in my house it's working perfectly.
when I bring it to my friends house it will not connect to his upc broadband he has 50 Mbps and it's working on PC Xbox no problem.
its using eithnet I've tried using different cables and it keeps saying offline.

ive turned off the firewall on the router.

any ideas anyone I read something about port forwarding but I'm not sure what I'm doing.

can someone please help.

thanks,
christy

"i have set set up a f5s in my house it's working perfectly.
when I bring it to my friends house it will not connect to his upc"

are you trying to connect a box with a line registered to your ip to your friends house to watch? you will only get an offline message if so.

Sorry Johnner, I can bring my F3 to anyones house and use it. your line is normally for one IP at a time, not just one IP

Good point wheelo, it was my understanding thats how it worked although I've never tried it but my own provider reminded me not too. Mind you i have multiroom so I don't know if he means that as a multi login ?

Yeah I set it up in my house and sold it to him and it won't work in his house.

---------- Post Merged at 09:15 AM ----------

I've done this process for 5-6 people already and no problem other than this I also have set them up on upc broadband for a few other customers that's why I think it's the specific router.

Good point wheelo, it was my understanding thats how it worked although I've never tried it but my own provider reminded me not too. Mind you i have multiroom so I don't know if he means that as a multi login ?

Some servers wont block when 2 ips are picked up but only 1 will connect. ie u will knock one off when 1 connects.
But even on most multi rooms you can use somewhere else as long as others are turned off 1st.

Back