F8 or 4K Firestick?

Now that I have finally got my 4K Firestick working correctly via ethernet and am getting a much better stable connection would I see much difference between the Firestick and a Z8?
I mainly use iptv for watching live sport, movies and catch-up TV
Thanks

bazcfc1

VIP Member
TK Supporter
Now that I have finally got my 4K Firestick working correctly via ethernet and am getting a much better stable connection would I see much difference between the Firestick and a Z8?
I mainly use iptv for watching live sport, movies and catch-up TV
Thanks
The z8 will have a clearer pic ect due to the specs/hardware in the box but your device can only produce the quality that your provider is providing to you

pupuqiop

TK Veteran
TK Supporter
Z8 will be better than a fire stick imo, although fire sticks are undoubtedly the best value for money device out there. I have a couple of 4k fire sticks around the house but wouldn't want one as my main device when there are so much better out there. Nvidia Shield, buzz devices and formuler seem to be the popular choices. Better user interfaces and arguably smoother, clearer picture.

Ultimately though if you're happy with the fire stick there's no point spending money on anything else.

Last edited:

HappyHotspur

The Firestick is used in my bedroom but was not sure whether to get another one for my LG C8 4K TV for my lounge to go with my surround sound system, and go for the Z8
I have always had Mag's before this

bazcfc1

VIP Member
TK Supporter
The Firestick is used in my bedroom but was not sure whether to get another one for my LG C8 4K TV for my lounge to go with my surround sound system, and go for the Z8
I have always had Mag's before this
You could always use smart stb on your lg tv bud costs about £29 for license and has the mag feel to it and Mac based as well

HappyHotspur

Z8 formuler all day. Smart TV Online is the best app I've ever used
Really! Not sure I would notice the difference but I always accept advice from you guys with much more experience and understanding of the nuance and idiosyncrasies of each box and systems and am trying to understand all these differences Thanks for your comments

Ryanm56

TK Supporter
Not sure how a smart stb would work or how to set it up on my TV
For mart STB you need to register first your smart STB account online on your phone or pc then put the software id on your account and pay for it around £25 for lifetime license.
Then give the Mac address to your provider who will send you the URL that you will enter on your smart STB account (not on TV) under custom portal.
Then your account and TV are activated.