FA CUP 2021

The hammers lost to a jammy goal in extra time, in a rubbish game, both teams played badly, I was raging it didnt go to penalties as I had a bet on that, but maybe Leicester will do the business in the quarter finals.
The thing is fella they LOST and are OUT end of. One minute your a hammer the next a fox, make your mind up who do you follow or are you yet another ABU?

The thing is fella they LOST and are OUT end of. One minute your a hammer the next a fox, make your mind up who do you follow or are you yet another ABU?

Nothing wrong with enjoying other teams.

I love united so much but I support villa also as local team and want them to do well and also like other teams as a neutral.

How do you work that one out , just because someone says they would like to see a certain team win a certain game does not make them a supporter of that team, I have supported West ham and Celtic from the early seventies, many members on this forum know that from my posts, theres an old saying, if you have nothing good to say, then say feck all, you have already tried winding a few other members up today, didnt work with them, wont with me either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Play nicely, I have warned people in multiple places, as has HT.
if someone abuses you, report it, do not rise to the bait.

How do you work that one out , just because someone says they would like to see a certain team win a certain game does not make them a supporter of that team, I have supported West ham and Celtic from the early seventies, many members on this forum know that from my posts, theres an old saying, if you have nothing good to say, then say feck all, you have already tried winding a few other members up today, didnt work with them, wont with me either.
Tbh it's not the epl teams that makes the fa cup interesting it's the lower leagues imo.
We all like to see teams do well whether it's our own teams or teams up and the country lol.

P.S. I will get you a chelsea shirt for next season :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Tbh it's not the epl teams that makes the fa cup interesting it's the lower leagues imo.
We all like to see teams do well whether it's our own teams or teams up and the country lol.

P.S. I will get you a chelsea shirt for next season :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Well apart from city, pool and chelsea I dont mind other teams doing well other than United of course :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

So what I always thought came true today at last. Yup Guardiola admitted his brief when he took the position at ciddy was to win the champions league.
I always said to the bitter blues who have sprung up since they had a bit of success that he is a fraud but they wouldn't have it.
Mancini and Pellegrini both won the title at ciddy with the financial backing of the sheik so it's no big deal.
Before the start of this season Pep had spent £666 Million on 29 players from around the globe but could never get to the final never mind win it.
Ciddy will win the league this year by a street it's over already. Yes they will go close for the quad unless Everton and Spurs pull their fingers out.
But having said ciddy are a top team in England, no question United can beat them and I'm thinking one of the crack european teams could do the same.
Will be interesting to see how this pans out but if they win the quad it will be absolutely magnificent and I am NOT a bitters fan.

Personally don't think they will win the the quadruple.

They have said that before regarding City let's not forget.

Domestic treble though is certainly in the realms of possibility.

For City Bayern and even PSG will be the ultimate test.

I think they will get to the semis and potentially face either of the two. Bayern likely for me are this years winners. Got a great coach and just a well oiled machine who I think will be too much for city even with the squad city have.

Personally don't think they will win the the quadruple.

They have said that before regarding City let's not forget.

Domestic treble though is certainly in the realms of possibility.

For City Bayern and even PSG will be the ultimate test.

I think they will get to the semis and potentially face either of the two. Bayern likely for me are this years winners. Got a great coach and just a well oiled machine who I think will be too much for city even with the squad city have.
Yes if I was having a wager I'd favour Bayern but no doubt they will be bookies favourites.
Football can be a funny game at times but Guardiola has done well to get them all those wins with no Aguero or De Bruyne.

Yes if I was having a wager I'd favour Bayern but no doubt they will be bookies favourites.
Football can be a funny game at times but Guardiola has done well to get them all those wins with no Aguero or De Bruyne.

Tbh their squad depth is without question the best in Europe.

Envious of most clubs quite frankly.

But in the champions league they just cant get over the line and with all the hype that they will be hard to stop. I think they will fall short of the line again.

IF United and ciddy both get through there fa cup ties I am pretty sure they will be drawn against each other in the semi-final, the draws are so rigged it's laughable.

United will have it tough against Leicester though. Not confident they can get over the line.

Sadly could see it being another trophy less season for them.

League cup and FA cup is City's to lose.

Well I disagree sorry. I think United will be well up for the Leicester game and knock em out. Might need extra time but I'm sure they can do it.
The league game there United had the 3 points wrapped up but gave away a sloppy equaliser late on for a 2-2 draw.
BTW I don't rate Leicester at all just a personal opinion.
And have a sneaky feeling Spurs are gonna turn up in the final and Jose will lift the cup.

I hope they get through mate. But united were experts finishing in the semis last season.

Hope they can go one better in FA cup or Europa or even both.

And have a sneaky feeling Spurs are gonna turn up in the final and Jose will lift the cup

And I hope you're wrong LOL

I have a huge affinity with the FA cup, I would prefer to win it than the champions league personally.
Call me a luddite, but the European Cup was the best format for me - just the champions of the respective leagues in Europe playing off against each other.

Yup Guardiola admitted his brief when he took the position at ciddy was to win the champions league.

That, we all presume, was his brief - improve City year on year, but ensure they win the champions league. The big money is at the CL table, and to be the champions of it are what the owners/board want, not so sure about the average fan though.

I always said to the bitter blues who have sprung up since they had a bit of success that he is a fraud but they wouldn't have it.

I cant say the man is a fraud when he has led City to so much domestically, while you're right that both Pellegrini and Mancini won the league for City, Guardiola has so improved City during his reign (100 points in a season, all domestic trophies in a single season,21 wins in a row, etc, etc.) It is a fantasy to say he is a fraud.
He may not have been able to reach the absolute everything in his manifesto yet, but the board/owners are willing to back him, they are not fools, there must be something they see ( and the rest of the football fan world) that you dont with your myopic view on it.

They were the good ole days Wheelo, only 32 teams went into the European and cup winners cup in those days, I remember September 1976 and Crusaders from the irish league getting drawn against Liverpool in the 1st round, my dad took me to the game to see the big players, Keegan, Toshack, Heighway, Etc, it was absolutely jam packed, no room at all, I watched the game sitting on his shoulders, it was an easy 5-0 win for Liverpool, the very same day saw the 76 Irish cup shock winners Carrick Rangers being drawn against English winners Southampton, turned out to be an easy 6-2 win for the saints, but the days of these type of draws are long gone, the irish league teams used to get some cracking games, with teams like Juventus, inter milan, Benfica coming here and not always going away with a good result, I remember Glentoren reaching the quarter finals of the European cup in 1980, only losing on away goals to CSKA Sofia in extra time 2-0 down from the 1st leg and then won 2-0 on the night in 90 mins, the old format was the best for me.

Well wheelo lets put it this way.
If you took on a respected proven kitchen installer to build you a kitchen and gave him an open budget to buy cabinets, sink, cupboards, worktops etc and after spending thousands and after 5 years all he had done was put up 2 cabinets would you be happy? NO as he has NOT delivered what he was contracted to do. Exactly the same with the bitters, picky nosey pep with his fancy cv gets a monster contract with a brief to get Mansoor a seat at the top table of European football and he has FAILED to do that, nuff said. Toodle pip.

They were the good ole days Wheelo, only 32 teams went into the European and cup winners cup in those days, I remember September 1976 and Crusaders from the irish league getting drawn against Liverpool in the 1st round, my dad took me to the game to see the big players, Keegan, Toshack, Heighway, Etc, it was absolutely jam packed, no room at all, I watched the game sitting on his shoulders, it was an easy 5-0 win for Liverpool, the very same day saw the 76 Irish cup shock winners Carrick Rangers being drawn against English winners Southampton, turned out to be an easy 6-2 win for the saints, but the days of these type of draws are long gone, the irish league teams used to get some cracking games, with teams like Juventus, inter milan, Benfica coming here and not always going away with a good result, I remember Glentoren reaching the quarter finals of the European cup in 1980, only losing on away goals to CSKA Sofia in extra time 2-0 down from the 1st leg and then won 2-0 on the night in 90 mins, the old format was the best for me.
Yes in essence only the champions of each country should be in the european cup I agree. I recall one of the scousers wins in 77/78 where they got a bye and went straight into the round of 16 where they then beat the football super powers Dinamo Dresden, Benfica, Borussia Monchengladbach to reach the final and overcome those worldies Brugge to lift the cup roflmao. So 7 games to win a european cup in todays format you play 6 games to get out of the group stage.

I was walking along the seashore the other day and came across a lamp
I gave it a rub on my shirt and out popped a Genie who granted me one wish
I asked him if I could live forever?
I'm sorry he said, but I don’t grant wishes like that
OK I said, can I live until the bitters win the champions league?
You crafty sod, said the Genie

oh when the saints go marching in, oh when the saints go marching in..............

_117645609_saints.jpg

Well that was a but of a bummer. United never turned up and it was gifted to Leicester. Oh well looks like a Southampton v Chelsea final now then!

Back