Face Masks Are Back

if it is true that the symptoms are milder then it would surely be a huge win for this strain to overtake delta as the main line of covid.

the trend of viruses is to get milder over time - a dead or incapacitated host is less useful to one that is out and about with a mild cough.

we live with four seasonal corona type virus, together they comprises what we call the common cold.

here's hoping we now have a fifth we can happily live with.

Covid in Scotland: Six cases of Omicron variant identified​

The Scottish government said four cases have been found in Lanarkshire and two in the Greater Glasgow and Clyde area.
Contact tracing is taking place to establish the origin of the virus and find anyone else they have come into contact with in recent weeks.
Health Secretary Humza Yousaf said it was a "worrying time" for the six people with the new variant.
"All will receive expert help and support and Public Health Scotland will undertake enhanced contact tracing in all cases.
Covid in Scotland: Six cases of Omicron variant identified

Unless masks are enforced as mandatory again then people will just go around every day without any form of protection to themselves and others.

Went to the barbers yesterday and usually they all wear masks or shields but not now. Back to normal for them with no protection of any kind which I still believe is a mistake as need to vigilant even where deaths are low but cases starting to rise again.

Unless masks are enforced as mandatory again then people will just go around every day without any form of protection to themselves and others.

Went to the barbers yesterday and usually they all wear masks or shields but not now. Back to normal for them with no protection of any kind which I still believe is a mistake as need to vigilant even where deaths are low but cases starting to rise again.
But I thought that they were now mandatory in all shops and on Public Transport.................. surely a Barbers Shop is no different? :unsure:

Back