Factory reset crash

Mike O

Hi,

Firstly to everyone that replies on these threads THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

I've gone through quite a few threads to see if my problem is answered elsewhere and the time and effort you put in to help others is incredible!!!!

My issue....

I've bought a second hand Zgemma H.2s with just 1 aim.....to watch and record RPGTV FREESAT service on channel 250.

I plugged the box in and did an auto-tune (The Installation Wizard didn't launch) which brought up about 800 channels. However channel 250 was showing SKY Food Network +1.

I went through every channel manually and the RPGTV channel was not there. I re-scanned a couple of times but RPGTV still wasn't there.

So unfortunately I then thought I'd start from scratch and did a factory reset........which crashed :-(

I've turned the box off and on again and all that happens is the box display says “boot” then the box display goes from 0 to 100 once before then going “0, 50, 75, 76, 78” a few times and then settling at “00” and doing nothing else.

Has the factory reset crash completely ruined the unit? (I've seen people talking about "re-flashing" but I don't know what that is or even if it's relevant here!!!

It's been a painful 5 hours of scanning, checking, googling and now finally the box has crashed so any help very gratefully received!!!

Racing Post Greyhound TV.
Auto scan doesn’t put the channels in the same numerical order as an official box.

Try checking through the channels with just numbers in their name.
I’ve not looked recently but believe RPGTV is under one of those. Doesn’t always show up with the correct channel name.

Last edited:
Racing Post Grayhound TV.
Auto scan doesn’t put the channels in the same numerical order as an official box.

Try checking through the channels with just numbers in their name.
I’ve not looked recently but believe RPGTV is under one of those. Doesn’t always show up with the correct channel name.
Thanks. I went through the channels individually and RPGTV wasn't there. But IF I manage to get the box up and running I'll look through again.

needs to be a blank stick
max 8G
personally I use a 256meg stick
imo smaller the better, it only needs about 50 meg iirc
OK thanks steptoe, it's the only one I have, I'll have to get another one tomorrow. Thanks for your help :-)

Thanks pabloescaban. It is definitely on Freesat but it's not available on freeview, that's why I bought the box.
The 32g stick may be OK but you'd need to initialise it first which would remove all data from it.
Then you can use openwebif to flash grogbuild by just pasting command line in

The 32g stick may be OK but you'd need to initialise it first which would remove all data from it.
Then you can use openwebif to flash grogbuild by just pasting command line in
I've been trying an openATV download but either I'm doing something wrong or the box doesn't like the stick. The stick lights up but the box doesn't go into FLASH mode.

OMG, I really need someone's help now!!! After hours and hours I managed to reflash the box from the download here openATV Nightly Downloads but the system I've downloaded is almost unusable. It's downloaded about 900 channels, but it starts with German channels and most of the buttons on the remote control don't work,. The up and down channel buttons don't work so I can't change channel, it's an absolute nightmare!!!! Now that I've got the box up and running can I download a more user-friendly interface?

It's not being recognised by the box.
If you want to flash that way it needs formatting to FAT32 before you put the flash files on.
If you're going to format it you might as well just initialise it instead and let the box download the flash files itself by using command line in webif.
Is there stuff on USB you have to keep?

It's not being recognised by the box.
If you want to flash that way it needs formatting to FAT32 before you put the flash files on.
If you're going to format it you might as well just initialise it instead and let the box download the flash files itself by using command line in webif.
Is there stuff on USB you have to keep?
I don't really understand what any of that means pabloescaban, I'm really sorry..........BUT I've realised that there are 3 sections of programs downloaded (I think I said yes to a download list?) and on the main set of programs the remote control works. PLUS it has downloaded the Sporty Stuff channel which is what RPGTV is broadcast on. I only bought the box so I could watch RPGTV so even though I hate the interface I'm going to just leave it at that. Thank you to you and everyone else who has replied, it's so kind to take time to help others.

I've just discovered OpenWebif and Whooshbuild so I'm much happier having personalised the interface. I can see I am only going to use 1% of the box's capability but I've got Sporty Stuff channel so I'm happy. Thanks again to everyone.

Back