HD51 4K FAILED RECORDINGS?

Hello all,

Hope everyone is well :-)

Just wondering if many people have failed recordings on their HD51's?

Iam finding that i will set a timer and it will either record part of the program, a few seconds or not at all. Annoying this doesn't happen all the time, only the times when i really want to watch something (typical).

I am running the latest version of OpenATV 6.2 ver 20190119 but have been having this through various versions of OpenATV 6.1 & 6.2. Could this be an OpenATV thing?

I quite like the OpenATV interface so ideally would like to stick with that. I will change images if that will resolve the issue :-)

FYI, my recordings and timeshift are set to the internal HDD and the HDD is formatted to EXT4. I am currently only running IPTV but this was also happening when i had a cable sub.

Any advice will be welcome!

Thanks all!

Internal hdd looks correct ext4 and should work ok on sat and cable,i never used timeshift as not used it.Iptv are you allowed to record by provider?

Internal hdd looks correct ext4 and should work ok on sat and cable,i never used timeshift as not used it.Iptv are you allowed to record by provider?

Hi Cactikid,

I find the recording fails even when the machine is in standby mode. This happened when I had a cable sub and is now happening with iptv.

I am thinking that I will have to try alternative images to see how they perform. It will be a shame if it is OpenATV as I really like the skin and performance.

Have you used OpenATV before? If so, any recording issues?

Cheers

No i stuck on openvix for all boxes and no issues.How do you setup your timers as all my boxes have timer recording in use and working.I dont use Iptv so cant advise on it or recordings.

I'm running Open ATV and have found IPTV recording very hit and miss, mostly a miss. Generally Sky channels will record ok but USA ones will not. I used to be on Openvix and found that the same. I think it's as much a provider issue as anything else. It doesn't explain why Cable is an issue as well, perhaps it's worth trying Openvix

I'm running Open ATV and have found IPTV recording very hit and miss, mostly a miss. Generally Sky channels will record ok but USA ones will not. I used to be on Openvix and found that the same. I think it's as much a provider issue as anything else. It doesn't explain why Cable is an issue as well, perhaps it's worth trying Openvix

You just said that openvix was the same?
never heard of anyone having trouble recording cable channels, iptv yes because i think you need a multiroom sub to be able to record one and watch a different one

Thanks for the responses :-)

Currently I find what I want to record in the epg and I set a timer that way. Like I said, it's hit and miss whether or not it records which is annoying. Saturday for example, set to record program through the epg. It started at 6 and went on until 9. I set the program after the show to record in case the first program overrun. The first program failed but the second one recorded fine :-/

I will do some experimenting with different images to see what sort of results I get, just thought I'd ask in case anyone knew a quick fix ;-)

Cheers all!

I dont think its image related,does your provider allow you to record on iptv?

Yes recording is allowed but it's a single screen sub. My box was on standby when I set it to record and to be sure, I put it on the same channel before entering standby.

Bit of a weird one.

Thanks for the help so far :-)

Back