Failed to tune Virgin on tuner C

dale1983

Evening all,

As the title says, I'm getting this error when running a ABM scan. Only happened today, also noticed a few channels missing. Running Vix Willobuid 5.1.

Any ideas what could have caused this. This is a first for me.

I had same problem as this yesterday as some channels were not clearing so I ran an ABM scan .
Got the failed to tune virgin on c tuner message which ive never had before.
I had to run a manual scan to get channels clearing again.
This was on vix image on solo 2

I had same problem as this today as some channels were not clearing so I ran an ABM scan .
I had to run a manual scan to get channels clearing again on atv6.2 also done a reflash grogs freerange now scan on manual but no AutoBouquets scan failed to tune virgin on c tuner message

I had same problem as this today as some channels were not clearing so I ran an ABM scan .
I had to run a manual scan to get channels clearing again on atv6.2 also done a reflash grogs freerange now scan on manual but no AutoBouquets scan failed to tune virgin on c tuner message

Virgin are changing what they transit as they replace the older receivers. They are removing frequncies with 6887 symbol rate and 64 QAM to streamline what they deliver.

There are a few threads going around with what to do if you want the issue fixed for you. You haven't even mentioned your NetID. Pure areas are self contained so people in pure areas will need to provide details.

Best to use the NitAnalyser by PeterJ (link in Dssayers signature).

done all that 1 box says tuner B atbm7811 abm and the other 1 tuner B says si2168 the first 1 is ok its the other 1 icarnt scan AutoBouquetsMaker but can do auto scan and get all channals both set up the same done update put the other file on still the same re flashed grogs freerange

I cannot understand what you are trying to express. You have to update the ABM provider/config file. It has nothing to do with your tuner configs.

Have you updated the ABM provider file in the last 30 minutes. Please answer with any of the following answers:
"yes",
"no",
"don't know how to do it"
"ABM says it cannot update owing to version number"

Can someone provide a link and instructions for abm update file . On vu solo 2 vix image
40973 area on 6952
Pure virgin

Attachments

• ABM update provider.jpg
    ABM update provider.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 39
As mentioned above, there is a function within ABM. There is no need for links, manually transferring files etc or even update image. Picture attached

If your ABM complains of being too old, install the latest one from here first, then update provider files
http://www.techkings.org/threads/new-abm-3-0-3-1.141851/#post-888027
Which of those files should i download for a vu solo 2 on vix image . As there looks like 3 sepertae downloads on that link you attached .

Have tried to update providers in abm but only get option to update config but then get following message . Any help appreciated. do I need a re flash to later vix image or can I download ipk for latest abm config ??
Incompatible versions 3.0 > 3.1

Last edited by a moderator:
Have tried to update providers in abm but only get option to update config but then get following message . Any help appreciated. do I need a re flash to later vix image or can I download ipk for latest abm config ??
Incompatible versions 3.0 > 3.1

You need to update the Autobouquetsmaker plugin itself, either remove the plugin and then install it again or do a software update, can't give step by step instructions as don't have vix on any box at the moment

Which receiver do you have? I have listed some example models in that thread to help people who don't know which file to install. Which version of Vix do you have?

Back