Failed to tune Virmin UK on Tuner B ZGemma H2H

So I plugged in my cousin's ZGemma Box and straight away, I got a signal and all channels popped up.

Provided that you have used the correct tuner settings for each tuner and used the same cabling during your tests, you have established signal to that particular connection is fine. If you have used different wires/splitters, then you need to repeat again.

I am afraid it seems it is a hardware fault. You can confirm this by connecting an aerial to the tuner. Configure tuner as Terrrestrial, UK, All regions. Then perform a manual, complete scan. If you do not find Terrestrial services, then you have confirmed the tuner fault.

A full scan on cable takes longer as its scanning all,manual scan might only scan 1 frequency?

There is no 6887 provider. Selecting provider bypasses those options. Please post what is helpful to others, not your usual 6887 non-sense.

If you want to help people, you should advise:

Tuner configuration:

Set every tuner with Cable signal wire attached to DVB-C mode.
Any tuners without signal wires should be disabled/not configured. (Some receivers do not have internal splitters)
Network ID = 00000. Leave it as 00000. it does not matter what you use in tuner configuration in the UK or Ireland
Service scan type = Provider ( this is default for most images)
Country = UK
Region = Set the correct Virgin system. If you dont know or unsure it, set it as "Virgin UK All systems"

Scanning:
Using ABM is not the same as scanning.
Perform a manual scan. ensure complete is selected, not predefined transponder.

Using ABM:
If you want to "scan" using ABM, ensure your network ID is entered where it says Region in the Provider menu. Leave the one in tuner configuration as 00000

If you dont want to help people, continue posting the 6887

It was in relation to his scan only taking a few seconds,as i thought it was usually 30+mins for a non abm scan.
Been a while since setup on cable,Cheers @ abu setting me right again

Thanks @Abu Baniaz. I just plugged in my sat wire into Tuner A and i got 0 channels so it is a hardware fault! I'm currently back to my crappy Openbox V8S.

Advice on boxes: I wanna buy a 4k twin tuner box. Any ideas on a good,cheap one. I'm seeing a ZGemma H9.2H for £76.99.

Any better ones, or should I get a ZGemma H5 for £60? Thanks

The H9.2H is a budget receiver and only has a small amount of internal memory. If you are not going to install too many things, it will be fine. You can move the image to SD card though.

What are your twins? Two girls, two boys or girl and boy? The H9.2H is girl and boy ( hybrid and sat).
The H7C is a triplet receiver. Two girls and a boy and has more powerful SoC.

The H9 should be fine for the basics.

Can't comment about the H5 as no exposure to it. Please await other feedback

Thanks @Abu Baniaz. I just plugged in my sat wire into Tuner A and i got 0 channels so it is a hardware fault! I'm currently back to my crappy Openbox V8S.

Advice on boxes: I wanna buy a 4k twin tuner box. Any ideas on a good,cheap one. I'm seeing a ZGemma H9.2H for £76.99.

Any better ones, or should I get a ZGemma H5 for £60? Thanks

I thought you were trying to scan Vm for channels?
I find it hard to believe that the same box has faulty cable tuners and also faulty satellite tuners
maybe one, yes, but an extreme rarity (i'm talking one, maybe two cable tuners in past few years that have been faulty in my exprerience of hundreds if not thousands of boxes)
Never, ever heard of faulty cable AND faulty sat tuners in the same box, so at the risk of appearing full of sh!t, you need to check the box, connections and everything else before you spend a load of money only to find that the modem was unplugged the whole time

Photos might be a good idea, try sending a few snaps of the rear of box, connections and everything else because i'm struggling to see how it can be like this

@pabloescaban tried scanning satellite again and got all channels, just a loose cable. Tuner B still the same

@AbuBaniaz changed the PSU and still the same. With regards to box, will only install WooshBuild nothing else that is external.

Going to my cousins tomorrow so can take box there and test if that helps

@pabloescaban tried scanning satellite again and got all channels, just a loose cable. Tuner B still the same

@AbuBaniaz changed the PSU and still the same. With regards to box, will only install WooshBuild nothing else that is external.

Going to my cousins tomorrow so can take box there and test if that helps

if a cable scan and an ABM scan is finding no channels, there's only two scenarios:
1) the box has no working cable tuner
2) the box has a working tuner but is not connected to VM
What different PSU did you find in the past 20 minutes?

I have 3 boxes all are h5.2tc's. Today suddenly, I'm getting the error failed to virgin UK on tuner C. This only happens on one box and hasn't happened previously, the other two boxes run ABM scan fine. All 3 boxes are running willobuild 5.2, tuners and abm setting are set correctly, all are set identically.

Back