Family profiles?

Hi,
Newbie here just starting to work out what I need to look for/request in a service.
I've read quite a few threads but one thing I haven't seen mention of is any way to have different profiles, i.e. one for me and one for the kids so that they can only access certain channels (kind of like they do on Disney+or how you can add a PIN to some channels on Sky)
Is that even a thing on IPTV services?...it doesn't need to be across multiple devices as we only have 1 TV in the house.

Could do it with one connection if you bought tivimate , you could tell the kids to use tivimate and set that up for them then you use a different app eg smarters. They can both be set up with the same log in details.

Could do it with one connection if you bought tivimate , you could tell the kids to use tivimate and set that up for them then you use a different app eg smarters. They can both be set up with the same log in details.
But each time the kids open Tivimate won't it update the playlist and download the entire list again?
I think the op is trying to remove adult / horror/ unsuitable content and just leave kids channels and freeview, bbc, itv etc

Other thing could do would be use an iptv editor app... Then, you could use smarters or similar app, and just go to login. Then the different logins as different versions of the listings. This would then look like profiles... Obviously a further cost to you.

You can turn off groups in tivimate so removing adult etc , I haven’t done it (why would I 😁) but I wouldn’t have thought every time the playlist updates it would re-enable the groups. Cpan anyone confirm this , I will test it out by removing one

You can turn off groups in tivimate so removing adult etc , I haven’t done it (why would I 😁) but I wouldn’t have thought every time the playlist updates it would re-enable the groups. Cpan anyone confirm this , I will test it out by removing one
If you are using tivimate you can try it yourself.
Remove unwanted channel bouquet eg Korean channels.
Restart and update playlist and see if it comes back in.

Once you hide groups in tivimate, they stay hidden on playlist updates. Only newly added groups would show.

Last edited:
Then if the kids use at the same time it will block

Iptveditor looks to be cheaper:

Screenshot_20231022_100012_com.android.chrome.jpg

Can have 10 different "clients", and 5 different lists. Lists would be what you'd use for removing adult etc...

Also, can add epg for any missing channels for up to 10 countries...

Back