Family - thats my rant of the day!!!

Linny40

TK LADY VETERAN
Why do family members have to be so nasty - or may be its just my parents!

Sorry having a real bad day!!!!

Its my sons birthday - hes 20 today and my parents buy him dvds for kids yup the like of tom and jerry and beethoven and other films which are a few years old. All of which they recon they bought in whs, as far as i know they dont sell films with scratches and grease marks on.

He may be Autistic but hes far from stupid and as he said he dont watch kids films. He rang them up and said how upset he was.

Apparently now ive made my mother ill and she said to take films back and shed give him the money. so went round ther only to find she was not even in. Well films were worth about £10 - but they cash my dad threw at him was a bit more. We were told that he should be grateful he got anything and if my dad watches cartoons then so should he.

I also go thrown at me that nothing they ever do for me is right, apparently he paid ofr me to go on holiday the other year - which he wanted to do - and now says i never paid him back, he also gave us some money when we moved - and apparently he expected it back but we never gave it. It was a gift he told us when we moved in. I blame him for my car breaking down and for breaking my lawn mower. Told him i had no idea what he was on about and just got told im an ungrateful bitach that just takes.

I dont see my parents - can you see why. Im the only daughter they got as my sister died 12 yrs ago. They took me out thier will a few years ago and said i deserve nothing, and everything goes to my sisters kids - me and mind get naff all! But they expect me to sort everything out and go running when they snap their fingers.

Dont get me wrong im not trying to sound hard dumb by but my sisters kids are doing ok, and thier father got remarried less than a year after she died so my young niece grew up with a step mother - she was 3 when my sister died, and the other one is now a mother herself.

But im just an ungrateful biatch - all because my son gets upset when his grandparents give him some kids dvds for his birthday.

I have never done anything to upset them always running round after them when they are in hospital, im expected to go round there for their birthdays mothers/fathers day - all because they gave birth to me. WTF They dont even get a card or gift for me on mine and im supposed to accept that!
My sister on the other hand well she was always taking advantage of them and my nieces do the same thing. Ive never been good enough or done anything right according to my parents - even when i got married and had kids after it was wrong, yet my sister had a baby at 18 and got married - 2 yrs later. And i got kicked out of home when the baby arrived - aged 20 was told there was no room for me and my sister and the baby

Ive told my kids if i get like my parents - well they should disown me. But i hope i dont get bitter and twisted like them.

Sorry peeps had to get this off my chest, no im not sitting here feeling sorry for my self just upset at the way my family have treated me. Im nearly 50 for gods sake, but well parents still know how to drag you down.

Thankfully i have a loving husband and 2 loving boys who mean the world to me.
Sorry rant over

Its nice to know i can come to a place and rant and you guys dont know me or my life personally.

Im the type of person that will do anything to help anyone - as some of you may know that know me a little better- well i dont get that from my parents!!!

Linny :(

Last edited:
Firstly Linny.Would like to wish your Son a very happy Birthday
Your Post has touched my heart. Hope things get better with your Parents.
I’m the type of person Linny that would prefer to talk face to face, I am crap
At this Typing lark. If we were neighbours we could have a great chat.
I have read all your posts, and you are a very Heart-warming person Linny
All I can say is have a great day with your son.Hope and pray things get better with your parents(y)

Sorry to hear that Linny, and as the saying goes you can choose your friends but not your family :(

thank god you have a loving husband and 2 lovely boys and really thats all you need,

I know you the last couple of years and have always found you a lovely, helpful, kind person,

So chin up dear, don't let them wear you down ;)

Ally if we were neighbours lol id be sitting drinking with you - as you do with freinds. thanks! you have cheered me up.
Hubby wants to go round and give him what for - but well that will make things worse and again will all be my fault. So best ignored so to speak.

As for my parents the older my father gets the more cantankerous he gets - just like his father was. He has said many a hatred word over the years and not just to me. He wonders why his own siblings dont contact him. In his eyes he is KING always has been and always will be - he is always right- no matter what!
My mother well shes been with him for 50 yrs and i suppose in his own way he loves her and she puts up with him as i suppose she loves him to.

Maybe thats why i love being around animals - they dont want nothing from you and dont expect anything in return - other than feeding and some one to love and care for them.
Its people like you guys that help you get thro the day when your down - MY TK FAMILY!!!! I can always rely on my TK family to help cheer me up :)

My dream is to win the lotto and move far far away - just me hubby, boys and my reptiles. My friends i can keep in touch with via phone or internet, and friends can come visit!!!

sorry Anto didnt see your post you must have done it whilst i was in the middle of writing another essay!
thanks xx

Ah Linny.You are so right about the TechKings family.As you know i have never talked online before
i became a member here.Now its part of my life.And its all thanks to the likes of you linny, and the rest of the members on here.You are a very compassionate and loving person Linny.As Anto said keep your chin up.Take care Linny(y)PS Yes if we were Neighbors we would be having a drink right nowlollollollol

Linny I have known you over two years now & always found you to be a very caring & thoughtful person. You have always been a good friend.

Even when I was homeless online you gave me and a few other friends a shelter lol

All I can say is its their loss & they dont know what they are missing out on .

Hope your son has a Fantastic Birthday :happy birthday:

now you guys make me cry again - but at least they are happy tears where i feel the love.
Thank for your kind words xx

update- i had a call from my mother who said he didnt mean it - and that hes a stubborn old git. Hurtful words like that cant be taken back.
Hes stubborn selfish Irish ( well partly) old Git! ( sorry to my irish friends on here)
Thanks for My sons birthday wishes. He has just come back from the cinema with his brother!

Yep us Irish can be stubborn old gits sometimes lol

Hope they both enjoyed the movie Linny :)

Linny, as you can already see, you have very many friends around here, I think everyone here finds you to be a caring , considerate person, so more fool your parents for upsetting you. you are right about families, it is because they know how to push our buttons that they get right under our skins. It is probably best not to go around and give them what for, as you would be the worst in the world.
the person you should be most thoughtful for today is your son, he has been snubbed by them. by the way a very happy birthday to him from his adopted in-laws at TechKings.
It is a relief to get things like this off your chest as they only fester up inside ourselves like a cancer. I have gone through a situation in my wifes family whereby i was punched by my nephew and it has split the family( the cheek of me not moving my head out of his way) just remember that you and your family have done nothing wrong.
Have a great family day and put this episode to one side. if you need to have a chat over the fence, we are always here for you linny(y)

from another stubborn GitLOL

hey linny,sorry to here this.i have an older brother that id just as soon hit as look at.if it was my parents i would lay it on the line and tell them exactly how i feel.if they couldnt take it tough.i would almost be inclined to let your husband tear a strip off of them.i wish you and yours all the best,this coming from a family that put the d in dysfunctional. ps.i hate tom and jerry.

Ah linny, where to start about family troubles, well i just wont cos itll go on forever haha.
Happy birthday to your young lad and as the others said, chin up an feck em haha ;)

Now if it had a been a spongebob dvd i could have forgiven them, patrick rules!!!

From yet another stubborn (young) git :)

Thanks guys.

well we were going out for a meal last night but the way my eyes were and the mood i was in we decided to get a pizza, cant beat a nice pappa johns, and thats what my son wanted.

My mother rang me again and asked me to go and get him a dvd of his choice and she would pay for it when she sees me - WTF told her what she could do with it, and how i felt about my dad.

I now have no intentions of contacting them. I dont need them or nothing from them.

My son being autistic doesnt really understand all of what went on - just that grandad got upset started shouting and upset him. But he enjoyed the cinema with his brother and the pizza, and then sat on his pc talking to his friends and watching his youtube vids! thats what he enjoys!

Thanks for your support, means a great deal.

and Families Yes we all have them and have had our bad times, most of which seem to be irish and probably redheads LOL!!

Day started bad and ended just as bad.:(

Some idiot was ringing my doorbell at silly o'clock last night and banging on the window. Scared the life out of my other son as he sleeps downstairs. He was looking for Marie. Who in their right mind rings doorbells constantly in the middle of the night til they get an answer, then when they dont bang on a window. Must have been a cab driver, told him to Fk off or id ring the police.

Thank god its thursday

love to you all
Linny :)

a bit of a jonah, eh? linny, hope today was a hundred times better than yesterday and that tomorrow is twice as that. dont forget, if in doubt :lep:

Back