Famous People Seen

Met a lot of footballers over the years, mainly Celtic linked players at functions and presentations, supporters clubs yearly social occasions, met Neill Lennon a few times seperately, I found him a bit smug, stand offish, In the late 80s I met Lester Piggot at the Curragh, his representative was charging £5 for Autographs, a friend of mine was a massive Piggot fan and he had a framed photo of him that he wanted Piggot to sign, he did, but he charged £20 for the Autograph, and talking about Welshman, We were once on the same flight as Max Boyce, a gentleman he was, very chatty, no airs or graces about him, it was a pleasure to meet him.

Maybe just me all of this celebs and famous people for most part seem stuck up. Seem to be couped up in their own bubble.

Footballers especially nowadays probably are like that.

Wish I could have met greats like george best back in the day

When i was younger i worked on a travelling fun fair, danniella westbrook and sid owen from Eastenders were there, westbrook was a stuck up cow, but sid owen was really friendly and spent ages having photos taken with people

Maybe just me all of this celebs and famous people for most part seem stuck up. Seem to be couped up in their own bubble.

Footballers especially nowadays probably are like that.

Wish I could have met greats like george best back in the day
Never got to meet Best, but my old fella did, he knew Georges father Dickie back in the day, I have a lot of photos of my mum and dad with famous dart players, Eric Bristow, Jocky Wilson, Bobby George, Leighton Rees and my dads hero John Lowe, womens player Maureen Flowers is in one of the photos too.

Met Jimmy White in the very early eighties! He came to a Borstal I was working in near London for a exhibition for the trainees, the Kitchen red band beat him, he was very young but a really nice chap! He blamed the condition of the baize for his loss!

Met Jimmy White in the very early eighties! He came to a Borstal I was working in near London for a exhibition for the trainees, the Kitchen red band beat him, he was very young but a really nice chap! He blamed the condition of the baize for his loss!
NAME AND NUMBER? 4737 Toddy, SIR! :wink: (only kidding lol)

View attachment 51923Closest I've ever been to a celebrity,
Working on a gravestone next to Compo's (last of the summer wine)
That just reminded me, i was talking to this Irish lad in a pub about ACDC. He said, when he was in Australia, he paid a visit to Bonn Scott's grave. He asked the groundsman to where it was, and the man pointed him in the direction and told him that someone had the taken the headstone ffs lol

There's a gravestone I see when I take my dog in cemetery
It reads something like:

Bill Jones died 30th June 1974

His brother William died June 30th 1974

What's the chances? Two brothers with the same first name dying on the same day..
..I bet their brother Willie is glad he wasn't with them that day

I met this W.Anker in a pub car park just after he had his car washed in Princes Risborough

IMG_20190221_171139.jpgIMG_20190221_171139.jpg

Back