Fan Error

Bilobiggles

Hi

I have an HP Notebook,its decided not to start up with an error message saying fan error.I bought a mobile fan for it still no joy anyone help or bin

Thanks Kindly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get this on my laptop.you need to blow quite hard into the fan vents as they are probably clogged with dust.You can normally tell as it will be running hot.I use compressed air,but blowing should work.If error message stays on I reset the bios on my laptop to clear it but not sure on notebook.

I get this on my laptop.you need to blow quite hard into the fan vents as they are probably clogged with dust.You can normally tell as it will be running hot.I use compressed air,but blowing should work.If error message stays on I reset the bios on my laptop to clear it but not sure on notebook.

Thanks mate ive tried the compressed air on all vents,how do i reset bios it cant do any harm.Thanks for your time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

can u not open it up and clean the fan , its prob. full of oose and fluff blocking the fan spinning

celticfc is spot on. I see this quite often with HP laptops. Bought replacement fans but when I open them up it just clogged. Its like the inside of a hoover bag, solid oose. Remove, and it should work fine. There will be a You-tube video on stripping it down. Just take your time and pictures, cheaper than a new laptop.

Back