Cable Feedback & Questions (H7C)

GR2

All set up on cable here with the H7C, and gotta say I made the right choice with the box.

Prep
- Picked up the Coax to F convertors from screwfix.
- Picked up some wifi extender home plugs that are on offer (£15) from PC World.
- Already had the Vermin cable, from when I used to have their internet.

First thing I wish I had known, the box only take 2.5 internal hard drives. Spent half a morning disassembling the sly+ box to take out it's hard drive. Luckily I had a spare SSD.

I noticed a few members had issues with Kodi being slow, which isn't currently an issue for me possibly due to an SSD being fitted.

Doesn't make sense to have the warranty sticker on the shell. How the hell you supposed to fit in a drive?! The fitting is quite tight, and there isn't much wriggle room for the hard drive and cables. Before screwing in, it's worth planning the routes for the wires (I had the SATA going underneath, and the power going over the top of the drive).

Followed the Grogbbuild instructions, and had an issue initially with only channel 5 showing. Point to note here is that, it's definitely worth trying different providers (even if they appear really far away).

The box itself is a nice size, the remote is nice and the OS/Groggbuild is brilliant. The LED icon doesn't bother me much.

Would definitely highly recommend this box. Although a bit more expensive, at least you know your're as future proofed as can be. It's worth checkiong if Grog has any promo codes, the support received after was also highly appreciated.

A few things I might need a bit of help on, if anyone has any pointers:

- I'd like to get the Sly FTA channels also. Is it possible to have them on the same EPG channel list? I tried scanning and only about 8 channels showed up.

- I noticed on flicking up and down channels will only step through the channels in the current category you're in. To scroll to channels outside of the category, you need to select the category from the TV menu (e.g. kids). How do you set it so that it scrolls through all?

- Alternatively, how do you add channels to your favourites?

- Is it possible to mount a network directory, e.g. a drive on my Windows 10 machine on the same network (e.g. for media)?

- Any pointers on how I can stream from the box itself?

I can help with a couple of questions. To add channels to favourites, on the channel press the down arrow then menu button then add service to bouquet then select the fav bouquet.

You can user openwebif to download an m3u to your pc so you can watch the channels on your pc / laptop also as long as it's on the same network.

You'll also notice the receiver shows under your network devices in your pc so you can access your recordings over that too.

Reactions: GR2
If you've got kodi on another device (there's dedicated apps like dreamepg etc as well) you can set up the vu+/enigma2 PVR client. You can even set that up to only pull one bouquet e.g. just bringing through your favourites bouquet.

Not sure what image you are using but Im currently using this - edited see below.

Last edited:
Followed the Grogbbuild instructions, and had an issue initially with only channel 5 showing. Point to note here is that, it's definitely worth trying different providers (even if they appear really far away).
Not being picky, but just clarifying that you are referring to the NetID rather than provider

- I'd like to get the Sly FTA channels also. Is it possible to have them on the same EPG channel list? I tried scanning and only about 8 channels showed up.
Have you enabled sat tuner and also sky FTA in ABM Providers?
You can use @dsayers2014 custom mix but I believe it replaces cable channels with the working sat channels, ie 101 will be bbc1 on sat rather than cable etc. I'm sure @dsayers2014 will correct me if I'm wrong.
- I noticed on flicking up and down channels will only step through the channels in the current category you're in. To scroll to channels outside of the category, you need to select the category from the TV menu (e.g. kids). How do you set it so that it scrolls through all?
I will fix this in my next update, Menu -> Setup -> Usage & GUI -> Channel Selection -> Change bouquets in quickzap set to yes and green button to save. You may need to restart gui after not sure.
- Is it possible to mount a network directory, e.g. a drive on my Windows 10 machine on the same network (e.g. for media)?
Check http://www.techkings.org/threads/sharing-hdd-between-two-zgemma-h2ss-how-to.100073/ its not using a windows drive but one drive between two boxes but it gives instructions for setting up the network mount on my box 2 which should be similar for what you want to do

If streaming to computer then open http://zgemmah7 (or whatever you've named it if changed) and you will find links to stream tv channels and 'movies' folder. I streaming to phone or tablet there are apps in google playstore or the rippoff phone equivalent that let you stream from enigma2 boxes.

..With OpenATV and also with OpenHDF you can change directly to next bouquet if you stay on channellist, with CH+ and to previous with CH-

- Alternatively, how do you add channels to your favourites?
..Press menue-button in channellist.

.. of course - go in networkmenue and go to mountsettings. Here in most images you can see automountmenue.

..ON PC it was described here. For android-devices install an app. I use VLC-player for streaming and to connect to box the app ti-mote.

Thanks all, got mounts sorted, and have been playing around with creating custom bouquets and streaming from openwebif.

I'm currently having a problem copying files to my SSD in the H7C over the network. It seems to think the drive is full. I've initialised the drive a few times, and have converted it to ext4. Any other pointers? The idea is to have a local selection media on the H7C.

check the ssd is mounted, press red button and select Plugins -> mountmanager. If the mount isn't correct then press green button, change mount to path you want it mounted on and then press green button to save

Back