Final checks before purchase

Hi,

Firstly just to say thank you for all the help from everyone over the last few days. I'm very new to this but the support and advice on this forum has been incredible.

I'm about to purchase my Edision OS Mini & USB Flash drive, but want to check I've not gone wrong.

I'm wanting a dual satellite tuner so that I am able to record, however want to have a combo box just in case cable broadband is introduced in my area.

Here is the box I have found on WOS. Is it the OpenVix image I want to have them install for me?

Edision OS MINI 2x DVB-S/S2 Linux Enigma 2 Twin Tuner Digital Satellite Receiver HD 1080p PVR

Is this also the best price people have seen for the OS Mini?

As for the flash drive I'm looking at a SanDisk 64gb from Curry's for £14.99.

Buy SANDISK 64 GB Cruzer Edge USB Memory Stick - Black | Free Delivery | Currys

Is this about the right price?
Also would 64gb suffice to record about the same amount of content that I can on my Sky box as well as the EPG?

Once delivered I'll be following Bees' guide to get up and running and using the 'request a line' thread.

Anything else I've missed?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yes that box will allow you to watch and record on satellite at the same time, only its not a combo box
which in general terms means sat and cable. I cant help with the size of drive for recording although
sandisk is a good make,i am sure somebody will be along soon who can give you more info on recording.
And also when you test/buy a line make sure you tell them its for two tuners.

The Edision will work for your sat needs but for cable you would need a usb tuner. As far as storage 64 gig is ok as you won't be recording in hd but it will fill up pretty quick.

All I'm going to say is correct box choice with correct image installed.

As for the 64GB USB drive you will get about 50-60 hours of recording on that as well as having space for your EPG data. I have a 64GB USB 3.0 drive in my box and its never been more at 40% full, lol. Recording on my Vix box works out about 900mb per hour so you'll be fine.

Do Edision not do a combo version then?
Judging by the amount of crap that my other half has on the sky planner, I think I may need to go a bit bigger than 64gb

Its this one: Edision OS MINI 1x DVB-C/T2 + 1x DVB-S/S2 for £99 on WoS but until you get cable in your area you can't record 1 channel while watching another as you can't use the DVB-C/T2 for sly only VM

if possible get internal hdd size up to 1 tb in stock and i would also get the kingston 8gb usb for flashing box or to send epg to.

Its this one: Edision OS MINI 1x DVB-C/T2 + 1x DVB-S/S2 for £99 on WoS but until you get cable in your area you can't record 1 channel while watching another as you can't use the DVB-C/T2 for sly only VM
Thanks for that. I'd have gone and purchased one that wouldn't let me record.

If and when virgin broadband is in my area, could I then use a USB tuner to be able to record whilst watching a second channel and recieve the HD channels through cable?

Theoretically yes I don't have an Edision so can't say for definite, can you not stretch your budget and go for a box with internal hard drive a 3/4 tuner setup

Theoretically yes I don't have an Edision so can't say for definite, can you not stretch your budget and go for a box with internal hard drive a 3/4 tuner setup
Wanting to start off at entry level with it being my first box. Plus I do things have any guarantees that virgin will come to the area so may end up paying for something I wouldn't end up taking advantage of. (Except for the internal storage that is)

Back