Finally Took The Plunge - DJI Mini 2

wheelo

Admin
Staff member
TK Supporter
I have talked myself out of buying a drone for about 5 years, I kept putting it off as I couldn't defend spending so much on a toy.
However I finally took the plunge and the drone arrived yesterday, charged it up and got out to fly it today - until it started raining.

I went for the DJI Mini 2 drone with the extra batteries, so I have 3 X 31 minute batteries.

Here is a quick snippet from earlier, I was standing in the park, and sent the drone back int o the estate over my house, then back to the park.

They are surprisingly easy to fly straight from the box, but my camera and handling skills need to be a bit more polished.

Ferret.

Administrator
Staff member
I have talked myself out of buying a drone for about 5 years, I kept putting it off as I couldn't defend spending so much on a toy.
However I finally took the plunge and the drone arrived yesterday, charged it up and got out to fly it today - until it started raining.

I went for the DJI Mini 2 drone with the extra batteries, so I have 3 X 31 minute batteries.

Here is a quick snippet from earlier, I was standing in the park, and sent the drone back int o the estate over my house, then back to the park.

They are surprisingly easy to fly straight from the box, but my camera and handling skills need to be a bit more polished.
Out of curiosity, what is the range of it from the controller ?

Could never have one in my neck of the woods, it would be shot down :sneaky:

wheelo

Admin
Staff member
TK Supporter
Out of curiosity, what is the range of it from the controller ?

Could never have one in my neck of the woods, it would be shot down :sneaky:
Out of the box, I believe it is 2 KM before it loses signal. it has a 31 minute battery, and can travel at 37 MPH.

moshibeth

TK Veteran
TK Supporter
Out of the box, I believe it is 2 KM before it loses signal. it has a 31 minute battery, and can travel at 37 MPH.
Within a couple of years you will be able to send one to tesco for a pint of milk. What sort of money are you talking wheelo

bazcfc1

VIP Member
TK Supporter
Would love a drone just to be nosey from up in air at all drug raids going off in my area.
Only thing with my area not many places to fly one.

Can see Mr Wheelo making national paper headlines soon lol

wheelo

Admin
Staff member
TK Supporter
Only thing with my area not many places to fly one.
You'd be surprised, you could take off from your garden, then explore your locality. Or, hop in your car, go to the coast, a historic building, a river/lake, Bridges are always good.
with this one there is three 31 minute batteries, so you could be messing about for an hour and a half, before needing to come home.

pabloescaban

VIP Member
TK Supporter
You'd be surprised, you could take off from your garden, then explore your locality. Or, hop in your car, go to the coast, a historic building, a river/lake, Bridges are always good.
with this one there is three 31 minute batteries, so you could be messing about for an hour and a half, before needing to come home.
What weight and voltage are the batteries?

mrmchd

TK Supporter
The pictures are really clear, quite impressive, are there rules where you can and can't fly?

stuss

V.i.P Oakley juliet for sale
TK Supporter
If uav is under 249g . You can fly over crowded areas . But you will still need to have a user I'd. As mentioned .