fire stick iptv lost vanilla DD 5.1

MrIan

Been running fire sticks and cubes for some while and old style DD 5.1 has always been a bit hit and miss but a reboot usuallt brought it back when it failed. But now it is totally escapting me.

Firecube running two similar provider apps, both fail to give me a DD 5.1 signal from the EEC? codec audio channelon the HD feeds.

The firecube audio tests play in DD 5.1 but HD films are all in DD stereo.

I have checked the EDID, (legacy procesor with no HD capabilities) and these match what is shown in the firecube, all shgow as DD 5.1 enabled. I have powered everything down forced an hdmi reconnect, all to no avail. I have also tried different players.

Is there a known fault with the latest firecube software? Possible solutions? new box ? suggestions ? ( I didnt like the Shield)

many thanks for any pointers

Last edited by a moderator:
I was going to suggest sheild it 100% works as I watch most films and some streams in 5.1.

The only thing I can suggest is high quality HD cables and optical cables if you use them

finally got it working by installing Nova player and playing about with the audio settings within Nova + audio mode 2, only downside being in the past Nova has been slow to play video and often failed to play. But at least I know now that it is player related

Having manged to get provider app running Nova player outputting legacy 5.1 but I haveI lost it again. I have tried switching back to the othe supplier app which used to work with the inbuilt player BUT not any more. I can only think the issue is how the apps are interactiing with Firecube/stick software. or the output is DD+ these days and the downconverting to DD is the issue.

I never got on with Shield image quality so not keen to go back dwon that route

Any other box recomendations that are known to out put legacy 5.1 on 4k streams via provider app that works with the firestick?

many thanks for any help and guidance, (the cables are all high quality and the edid settings show correct on the shield and video processor)

Last edited by a moderator:
Famous last words. In the end I bought a shield pro but the problems remained. Getting 5.1 dd out of dd+ feeds continued to a be a challenge. Nova sort of worked but films kept crashing, mx player worked with hw processing but no way the ff etc and subtitles were hit and miss with out hw+ which list dd 5.1. Finally found codecs that worked but time had moved on.

My solution vimu media player. Found a free side load option and so far it's working well.

The sheild will play any codec however, your hardware e.g soundbar or TV speakers must be capable aswell.

The recieving hard ware only handles dd, dts and full HD formats if the same. Passthrough of eac dd+ has been challenge

Back