Fire stick & vpn

dummer

Hi got a strange going on with vpn on my fire stick 4K..and wondering if anyone else has had this issue..
Just switched to full fibre broadband and normal speed test gives 480mbps..using a vpn on fire stick it seems throttled and only get 25ish mbps..on any server
Same set up on formular box gives 200-300 mbps plus..
Is this a fire stick setting thing?..
previously had BT fibre @ 72mbps and on vpn basically got the same speeds..

Hi got a strange going on with vpn on my fire stick 4K..and wondering if anyone else has had this issue..
Just switched to full fibre broadband and normal speed test gives 480mbps..using a vpn on fire stick it seems throttled and only get 25ish mbps..on any server
Same set up on formular box gives 200-300 mbps plus..
Is this a fire stick setting thing?..
previously had BT fibre @ 72mbps and on vpn basically got the same speeds..
I didn't think the Firestick would handle more 100 mpbs on WiFi probably get more hardwired
Could be a VPN issue on stick

I didn't think the Firestick would handle more 100 mpbs on WiFi probably get more hardwired
Could be a VPN issue on stick
Its the opposite actually, I get 240 on wifi, 95 on ethernet through 4k max and amazon ethernet connection

Yeah that speed seems a bit low usually i get about 280 - 325 mbs on wifi and anywhere between 85 - 95 mbs hardwired with the ethernet adapter.
Amazon have been rolling out so many updates on the 4k stick including a new one other day on one of my stick's called
Automatic offload 😲 which basically uninstalls apps when the stick is running low on storage space but not received this update on 4k max stick 1st gen.
Personally i think they are doing it to slow it down with that much bloatware so people keep upgrading to the newer devices 🤨🤨🤨

Its the opposite actually, I get 240 on wifi, 95 on ethernet through 4k max and amazon ethernet connection
Yeah you're right, all my devices are hardwired and I can never get more than the 72 mpbs BT give me but never less on WiFi for me 50

The Firestick ethernet adapter is capped to 100Mbps. If you're using a powerful WiFi router you're actually better off not hard-wiring your internet with the Firestick.

The Firestick ethernet adapter is capped to 100Mbps. If you're using a powerful WiFi router you're actually better off not hard-wiring your internet with the Firestick.
Might be right if you have massive mpbs,
But if you have less than 100mpbs hardwired will give you smooth constant connection

Might be right if you have massive mpbs,
But if you have less than 100mpbs hardwired will give you smooth constant connection
Yes I forgot to add, dependent on your internet speeds. I'm one of the lucky ones who has just moved to a Fibre to the property package, with speeds I've never seen in my life haha.

Back