Firefox 4 Add On Fix

Gman496

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you really can't wait for developers to update their add on's for the new Firefox 4? then fear not lol

Here's what you can do to get your beloved add on's working even though they are not FF v4 compatible.

1. Type about:config in your browser address bar.

2. Agree to the warning message.

3. Now right click a blank spot inside the browser page, choose New –> Boolean

4. Type the preference name as: extensions.checkCompatibility.4.0

5. Set it to False.

Enjoy all your favourite Add On's :)

-

Nice find Gman!
Although im sure as you said in other posts dev's will be busy making sure their add ons get compatible fast!

Nice find Gman!
Although im sure as you said in other posts dev's will be busy making sure their add ons get compatible fast!

I'm sure they will axxxo, especially the useful ones (y)

I'm not sure if my Temp fix will work on every add on but it works for all mine :)

Note: If anyone tries this and wants to reverse it? Just go back into about:config find the change you made and double click on it (It will then be set to True & Firefox will check for compatibility once more)

will see how i go with it on the other pc and if i really need my add ons lol! but thanks that might come in useful.

There must be a reason why they dont make it compatible with all addons etc. I know there are a lot but! they dotn work with imageshack or photobucket or colorful tabs to name but a few

Will try the fix later G for my add on's, to tired now lol

Thanks, good find :)

Back