Firefox Updates

ferguj1

Super Duper Modulator
Staff member
DOWNLOAD

What’s New in Firefox 3.5Firefox 3.5 is based on the Gecko 1.9.1 rendering platform, which has been under development for the past year. Firefox 3.5 offers many changes over the previous version, supporting new web technologies, improving performance and ease of use. Some of the notable features are:

Available in more than 70 languages. (Get your local version!)
Support for the HTML5 <video> and <audio> elements including native support for Ogg Theora encoded video and Vorbis encoded audio. (Try it here!)
Improved tools for controlling your private data, including a Private Browsing Mode.
Better web application performance using the new TraceMonkey JavaScript engine.
The ability to share your location with websites using Location Aware Browsing. (Try it here!)
Support for native JSON, and web worker threads.
Improvements to the Gecko layout engine, including speculative parsing for faster content rendering.
Support for new web technologies such as: downloadable fonts, CSS media queries, new transformations and properties, JavaScript query selectors, HTML5 local storage and offline application storage, <canvas> text, ICC profiles, and SVG transforms.

I updated overnight last night, haven't had a chance to run it yet though. Looks very similar to one of teh beta releases I ran. With the private browsing and the (+) button to open new tabs, which I like a lot. Will give it a go tonight.

Same here when my internet comes back to its normal speed.....:( thanks for posting Ferg (y)

I've got it up and running on my main pc, still tweaking it a little bit. Biggest disappointment was losing my theme. Hopefully they patch it so i can get it back. As of yet, it's not compatible with the 3.5 version. :hop mad:

They should have an undated patch for you soon, 7th. I'm still getting used to it....I switch between opera and firefox to get used to both.

I'm not noticing a big difference, which for me is a good thing. lol
So far appears very stable, time will tell.

If this is a final build, why didnt FF ask me to upgrade? Which it does everytime FF makes a new fart! But a whole new stable version and it does not ask me to update? I am currently running 3.0.11

Not sure of the reason for that Homesick, I usually keep the auto updates turned off and just do it manually. So I wasn't aware of this problem. Strange.

New update v. 3.5.1

DOWNLOAD HERE

OR

Go to "Help" ==> "Check for Updates"

What’s New in Firefox 3.5.1

Firefox 3.5.1 fixes the following issues:

* Several security issues.
* Several stability issues.
* An issue that was making Firefox take a long time to load on some Windows systems.

Last edited:
I don't blame you for not wanting to update if everything you are using is not supported by the latest version, however there have been quiet a few security issues addressed in these updates. It might be something that you wish to look into more by reading the release notes and weigh the good with the bad.

Yep, I'm not going to update just yet as my current theme isn't supported by Firefox 3, what a shame! :rolleyes:

My theme isn't either, so i'm running a different one for the time being. Other than that, i like it just fine. Seems stable thus far, and as always: faster than IE. lol

A beta release of my current theme is available, i think i'll just wait that little longer, all looking good so far. :)

New update v. 3.5.2

DOWNLOAD HERE

OR

Go to "Help" ==> "Check for Updates"

What’s New in Firefox 3.5.2

Firefox 3.5.2 fixes the following issues:

* Several security issues.
* Images with ICC profiles now render properly on all monitors.

Please see the complete list of changes in this version. You may also be interested in the Firefox 3.5.1 release notes for a list of changes in the previous version.

Back