Firestick 4k 50fps, 60fps, 30fps, 25fps

zeefah

Hi guys,

So I have a firestick 4k and a Minix u22XJ (android device I would say high end). I am using tivimate on both. Same service on both devices.

The same service on the android box plays channels at 50fps, not all the channels but some and it looks smooth etc.

But the firestick it plays these exact same channels at 25fps.

Does anyone know why? And does anyone know if I can change anything in the firestick settings to make it play at 50fps?

A thing to note I have USA channels that play at 30fps and 60fps on both devices. It's just the UK channels that don't want to play at 50fps on the firestick and I can't figure out why.

There was something posted about this on another thread. I think the poster advised on the Fire Stick settings>display&audio>display and change to 1080p 50 Hz

But I'm not 100% sure and can't find the post

There was something posted about this on another thread. I think the poster advised on the Fire Stick settings>display&audio>display and change to 1080p 50 Hz

But I'm not 100% sure and can't find the post
I think you might be onto something there mate..I've changed it from auto resolution to 2160 @ 50hz and it's now displaying those same channels in 50fps on the firestick...happy days .....this has been bugging me for months but never got around to resolving it til now.

Thanks for the advice

Ok so after that initial excitement (lol) it's just BBC 1 and itv showing as 50fps let me try switching to 1080 @ 50hz display see if that does anything

Ok so having tried switching the display it has had no effect on the frame rate in tivimate ..BBC 1 and itv now showing in 50fps I don't know how or why lol but the android is still displaying at 50fps...

I'm back to the original post lol

You could try the following on your Firestick/FireTV:
Press "back" and "rewind" and "select/middle round button) and "right" together for 10 seconds. The Firestick should start cycling through resolutions/frame rates - some you can't select in the settings menu.

This feature has been around for a while but not sure if it still works so let us know if it does and if it helps.

You could try the following on your Firestick/FireTV:
Press "back" and "rewind" and "select/middle round button) and "right" together for 10 seconds. The Firestick should start cycling through resolutions/frame rates - some you can't select in the settings menu.

This feature has been around for a while but not sure if it still works so let us know if it does and if it helps.
Scrap that just tried it - the correct button press is:
"Back" "Rewind" and "Up" hold together for 10secs on Home screen and it will cycle through some resolutions.

Scrap that just tried it - the correct button press is:
"Back" "Rewind" and "Up" hold together for 10secs on Home screen and it will cycle through some resolutions.
I tried it and and did scroll through resolutions and Hz that weren't available through the normal menu. But it didn't affect the fps in tivimate...though by some miracle I am now receiving some channels mainly UK entertainment at 50fps through the firestick even with my resolution set to auto up to 4k at 60hz

Back