Firestick 4K with usb pen drive?

jazz

I am looking to add a storage device to my firestick 4k for recording streaming channels. I don't record that much so a 256Gb device is ample.
I have attached an otg cable connector for the USB connection. Is a USB Pen drive suitable for recording streaming with the firestick 4K? It will be great if a pen drive can be used instead of a hard drive..

I've also done the same. But did have problems with a cheap otg cable, that the stick wouldn't recognise.... Paul

Tried a spare SSD drive and it isn't recognised for a storage device. However, when I plug a usb pendrive into the otg it is recognised. Any idea why a SSD drive fails to be recognised?

Tried a spare SSD drive and it isn't recognised for a storage device. However, when I plug a usb pendrive into the otg it is recognised. Any idea why a SSD drive fails to be recognised?
Not enough power for it ?

2 completely different storage devices as the firestick can't determine it as a storage device.
Just like some tv's will only read a usb pen drive and some will read a hdd and pen stick

Back