Firestick Input Control

coozer

Hi, in order for the wife to be able to use my iptv i need to simplify the input change on the TV...

My sat box is on input 1 and firestick is on input 2..

The controls on the firestick are not very good and will only change it randomly to any of the other one if i ask Alexa 'change input'

Anyone got a robust solution so I dont have to pick 3 remotes up at one (that's what does her head in)??

Tahnks,
Ned

Hi mate I assume you've added your tv as a device on the alexa app?

I added mine as "TV" , try saying "alexa change tv to hdmi 1/2/or3( whatever your box , firestick is connected to)

that worked in my case but soon got fed up with it and went back to the remotes, although now use my tv remote to control the firestick.

I added mine as "TV" , try saying "alexa change tv to hdmi 1/2/or3( whatever your box , firestick is connected to)

that worked in my case but soon got fed up with it and went back to the remotes, although now use my tv remote to control the firestick.
I liked that reply bud! I might now add my TV and try that, Shield takes over as soon as you look at the handset! Same problem with sat boxes on 1 and 2 and the other handsets

whe iask Alexa to change to input 2 she says soryy i dont understand that... glad Im not married to her....

Not all tvs can be be Alexa controlled! Asking the stick won't change channels on tv! I'm getting a a little table with a draw to stow the handsets😀😀📺

is your tv remote bluetooth? cannot find an option to add an IR remote....

No it's an IR remote, think I just enabled HDMI- CEC on tv settings for the port with the firestick in

Back