Firestick Problem ?

Hi my partner bought me a firestick about 3 years ago, worked fine at the time. then i got a mag box so firestick got mothballed. recently I tried loading it again but no comunication with remote ? stick loads all the way and says no internet?
In the meantime we have changed internet providers and the firestick is on the old internet code and it dosen,t reconise the new modem ? Any ideas how to rectifiy this or is it a new firestick ? All advise much appreciated.
Thanks.

3 yrs u say u had it ? 1 with the small square remote ? id go buy a new 1 alexa or 4k the 4k ones r on discount at tescos at mo

not sure tbf if remote was alredy paired if batts r in right lol as they both go in same way not up n down like say a tv remote if that makes sense lol

Ive tried my partners remote just the same ? I think the stick must be locked to the old internet provider and dosnt reconise the the new hub ?

dunt work like that sticks will always just say no network an let u enter wifi code if remotes not picking up its nothing net related

If you buy it from the amazon account you want to link it to then setup is really straightforward, it'll guide you through everything.

anythings easy if u alredy hav a supplier all u shud need is downloader app whitch can b added from search on stick n they shud give u a link 2 ther app n ur good

Have u saved/sync your wifi to amaz acc to auto connect? If changed wifi ,delete syn in acc/ or log out re-register

How to get providers apps onto firestick
Step 1 connect firestick to Internet
Step 2 go to settings on firestick
Step 3 go to about then developer options
Step 4 turn apps from unknown sources on
Step 5 exit back till on home screen
Step 6 go to magnifying glass to left
Step 7 search downloader and download
Step 8 install downloader
Step 9 open downloader
Step 10 enter your providers app url
Step 11 download and install app
Step 12 open providers app and enter username or password or mag portal
Step 13 load portal/update playlist (user&pass)
Step 14 sit back enjoy emmerdale/eastenders

You need to pair the remote with the stick and have new batteries. The sequence is, unplug stick power lead, take out batteries, ie put new in, turn on stick and when it powers up, hold the home key on the remote for 20 secs, it may connect straight off but can take a few attempts. NB you can hold home and count 20 secs a good few times.Watch screen as a message pops up, then cursor will be yellow at top on live or home. I just did it 2 days ago with same remote. It may take 20 attempts and you may have to unplug more than once.

Back