firestick problem

djyorkie

hi all.
having a firestick problem to the point that the stick is totally useless and ready to be chucked in the bin...

ok. here goes.

it will not connect to my virgin router.
it worked fine for about the first 2 months of getting it but then just stopped connecting.
sounds simple but tried everything i can think of and even resorted to phoning virgin tech and they couldnt find fault either.
every gadget that requires internet conects to the virgin wifi without any problem.
the firestick will connect to my phones mobile hotspot without any problem.
the firestick can see the virgin network but when it tries to connect it just fails.

i have put the firestick back to factory settings.
tried the same with the router.
i have created a 3rd channel on the router with all different settings with no joy.
i have tried them in seperate rooms.
turned off other appliances in the room to eliminate interference.
the two are only about a foot apart from each other so range not an issue but tried it on my daughters tv upstairs just in case being too close was an issue but still no joy.
i have tried different ways of powering the firestick with different cable and plugs even plugging it into the tvs usb port. nothing.
when i phoned tech support they tried a few tests on the line to see if there is anything that could be causing the problem. nothing.
they exhausted all things to do with the router and decided that the problem does not lay with them or their equipment, which is strange as the firestick does connect to other networks without any problem.
im sure there are other things i have tried but forgotten to mention here.

is there anything i am missing?

thanks in advance for any help.

A complete factory reset should sort it out. Try it at another house with a different router if you can. If still not working you know it's the stick and you can take it back for a replacement or refund.

Gilvey- already tried factory resets on many occasions with no joy. And tested and working on my mobile phones network when i turn on its hotspot. Will be testing it on sky over the next week and if working will give it to my friend as no use to me.

Delboy- hmmm, it does look like a virgin issue then, even though they denied it being a fault on their part when i was on the phone to them for an hour.

Think i just need to move on and get an android bix that i can connect up with an ethernet cable. Damn virgin!!!!

Thanks fir the input folk.

Back