Firestick reset to default

Changy

TK Supporter
Hi all

I have a Firestick from a mate, and he wants me to remove the IPTV apps and reset it to default. He wants to sell it as a standard working Firestick.

What is the best way to do it?

TIA

Changy

Thanks, @siilver and @linesman66

Earlier, when I connected the Firestick, it booted into an IPTV app which showed channels and VOD. The latter worked, but there were no IPTV channels. I checked with my mate to ensure he wanted to start again and he said yes. I posted on here and read the replies. I connected the stick again, but this time it booted and asked for a network. I entered the password then used a manual reset of right button and back button for 10 seconds. That worked, but now it wants to install updates but gives an error message stating it cannot update. It then does nothing more!

Any ideas are welcomed.

Changy

Thanks, @siilver and @linesman66

Earlier, when I connected the Firestick, it booted into an IPTV app which showed channels and VOD. The latter worked, but there were no IPTV channels. I checked with my mate to ensure he wanted to start again and he said yes. I posted on here and read the replies. I connected the stick again, but this time it booted and asked for a network. I entered the password then used a manual reset of right button and back button for 10 seconds. That worked, but now it wants to install updates but gives an error message stating it cannot update. It then does nothing more!

Any ideas are welcomed.

Changy
Have you got it plugged into the mains with the cable and plug what came with it or useing a usb socket on the tv to power it?

Have you got it plugged into the mains with the cable and plug what came with it or useing a usb socket on the tv to power it?
It's powered by the PSU which came with it. It connects, displays a picture, but fails to perform the update.

Have you tried holding the back button and 3oclock on the wheel on the remote to get reset options up hold these for at least 10 seconds

Have you tried holding the back button and 3oclock on the wheel on the remote to get reset options up hold these for at least 10 seconds
Yes, that is how I achieved the initial reset. It now drops out stating it cannot load updates.

Does it ask you to login to a amazon account before trying to update?Use your mates details if it does.
It bombs out before I reach that stage, stating it cannot perform updates.

I'm not going to waste more time on it, my mate is collecting it in the morning.

hi- jacking this thread as i didnt want to start a new topic (apoligies in advance)

is there any way of deleting some of the amazon apps on a firestick ?
they just seem to add new apps every so often,the newest one being IMDb TV ...it a right pain in the arse..
there is a good few other that i have no intention of ever using that just sit there and take up storage..
alexa shopping.
prime video.
not to mention the horrible screensaver app

Back