First impressions

mardon85

Just a quick message to give my impression of the box so far.
Ordered on Friday lunch time and paid for DHL shipping from the official zgemma website on here (didn't get an email password though). It arrived the next day (Saturday) so very very impressed.

The box looks near identical but doesn't have the tacky purple logos on the front. It comes with open atv which is my chosen os so that was handy. It even had softcams installed so just had to download oscam.

The box is fast, much faster than my old h1 to the point the Mrs noticed (she never notices things like that). The main improvement is in the epg. You press the navigation button and it does it instantly.

So long story short. If you're in the market for one of these or an h1 or h2 defo go for this. The extra money is definitely worth the speed jump.

Thanks for the post. Read somewhere that the cable tuner isn't as powerful as the H1/H2 boxes. What was your experience? Is the setup any different from the previous models?

Setup is the same but the open atv image already comes with the softcam menu so that makes life a little easier.
The only thing I've noticed regarding the tuner is the reported signal strength. It says 29% but I don't think this is correct. I think it's software rather than hardware and will be patched. Someone else had similar results. Picture us perfect and the box continues to impress.

I've had my H.2H for about two weeks now. Picture quality on both tuner and sat is superb (although cable says snr is 29% too)
Finding channels through both tuners is relatively simple and bouquets are edited simply with dreamboxEDIT.
Well recommended!!

Back