First PL Saturday - thoughts?

gaz82

So what’s everyone’s thoughts for the first PL 3pm Saturday?

I was switching between Optus and Peacock, both good 1080 streams with high frame rates and delay was within a couple of seconds of each other.

Optus froze and buffered a few times for me, tested using both NordVPN and Getflix DNS. All streams were smooth when it worked though.

On Peacock, Goal Rush had a weird stuttery/glitchy picture but all their other streams were smooth. Hopefully it’s just a temporary problem.

Fubo was fine , but the app is pain in arse to install on fire tv. Can't sideload it.
Quality seems lower with EPL than what I was seeing watching baseball and other matches during summer. Buffered few times and skipped. Also it's a good minute or more behind live score

Also on phone they were asking for access to location then blocked me for second , went away after while and could watch on phone.

Peacock and sling flawless!
This! It’s all i’ve really ever needed, really do quite like NBC’s whole presentation too. Much better than Sky and BT if you ask me.

I also have Setanta Ukraine which i’ll try out tomorrow.

I got a account bot Sling Blue one for £2.25 one month! Still going from last year, no brainer if you have peacock bud
Sounds awesome mate. So is account bot similar to shoppy? Just had a look and I can't really make sense of it. 🤣

But for $2.99 a month it seems worth trying! Also - which VPN or DNS service do you use Sling with?

Last edited:
Always wanted to try Sling, but didn’t want a hacked account, and then its a bit pricy. Are they streaming the games in 1080p/60fps on linear channels with Sling?

Always wanted to try Sling, but didn’t want a hacked account, and then its a bit pricy. Are they streaming the games in 1080p/60fps on linear channels with Sling?
Yeah I don't want a hacked account either after reading up on it.

I think USA Network is on Sling who I'd assume stream at 1080p and 50/60fps like Peacock. Would be an awesome setup but so expensive. Wish they'd just offer USA separately or something like Peacock is, but they know what they're doing!

Yeah I don't want a hacked account either after reading up on it.

I think USA Network is on Sling who I'd assume stream at 1080p and 50/60fps like Peacock. Would be an awesome setup but so expensive. Wish they'd just offer USA separately or something like Peacock is, but they know what they're doing!
I know some of the channels were still at 720p, but not whether USA was one of them.

I was contemplating the “Aussie setup” with Optus & Kayo or the “American setup” with Peacock & ESPN+ & Sling Blue+Orange for my sports.

The Aussie one just worked out simpler and cheaper, and given I’m spending 6 months in Oz anyway it was a no-brainer.

Last edited:
Sounds awesome mate. So is account bot similar to shoppy? Just had a look and I can't really make sense of it. 🤣

But for $2.99 a month it seems worth trying! Also - which VPN or DNS service do you use Sling with?
I use stream locator, but express a nd surf clear them.
It is a hacked/ shared account and paying is safe. PayPal Google pay,
If it goes down in the time they replace

Peacock was excellent with Control D. Vidio was good but noticeably poorer on the big screen. Paramount + Mexico was also excellent but commentary in Spanish isn't for everyone.

Back