Fish and Chips

channelking

Maybe its just me but been to few chippys couple times in the last month to get chips to have with food when opening fasts and have found that they generally are soft and kinda mushy. There is no crispness as you would expect.

Its not just that when I have brought them home even when I have had them fresh few months ago chips were really poor. Not sure if oil is not right or more than that not using the right potatoes.

Does ruin the eating experience. As chippy where I normally have gone is missions away from me and is closed during ramadan so have to rely on local ones which are sub standard quality.

How are chips for you guys at your chippys?

Depends whether their using oil or lard bud chippy we usually get from is always fresh chips not over cooked or reheated crap like some chipshops

A banned Tk Friend must be banging his head off a wall in frustration, not been able to comment.🤣

Wonder who you talking about :unsure::sneaky:

Depends whether their using oil or lard bud chippy we usually get from is always fresh chips not over cooked or reheated crap like some chipshops

Yep that's why I vow not to trust any other chip ship than one I have gone to for over a decade. There are proper chips. Fresh as they come. Just wish local one near me took pride with their chips and not just giving you crap.

Went to a chip shop with my daughter couple of weeks ago to Seaton Carew seen a film crew .
New ITV Drama Autumn 🍂

The John Darwin canoe disappearance case was an investigation into the faked death of the British former teacher and prison officer John Darwin. Darwin turned up alive in December 2007, five years after he was believed to have died in a canoeing accident. Darwin was arrested and charged with fraud

Attachments

• 20210429_182730.jpg
    20210429_182730.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0599.jpg
    IMG_0599.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 17
The chipshop, my good woman & myself visited before lockdown,
Cod & chips, white shite bread & Butter, pot of tea, curry sauce
£14.00 for the both of us.

Wow!!

That's what I'm talking about look at how beautiful that fish looks. Right amount of batter as well.

Chips are perfect as well again how chips meant to be.

Can't beat fish and chips when it's properly done.

Havent had normal fish for a while as so used to the taste of masala fish lol.

Last edited:
Your Masala fish still sounds gorgeous, will definitely give that ago.😁

Oh it does mate. Just depends where you get it from. Some chippys in Midlands and up north I tried I have found had poor flavoured masala fish.

My normal chippy gives a beautiful chilli sauce with the fish and chips and is the best sauce i have tried to date.

I have tried to make masala fish at home but failed miserably. Taste wasn't there and batter came off. Same with fresh chips I have tried also they never come out good. Soggy and oily.

Asked the chippy guy before why it never comes out as good as theirs and his answer was they use the big commercial fryers and have potatoes directly sourced from the farms. Which tbh makes sense.

Here's something wrong, but sounds beautiful, for all those people looking after their healthy ❤

Deep fried chip butty

Attachments

• 20210511_184816.jpg
    20210511_184816.jpg
    402.8 KB · Views: 20
Here's something wrong, but sounds beautiful, for all those people looking after their healthy ❤

Deep fried chip butty

Not bad not bad at all.

I used to love chip buttys. Uncle used to get me it from chippy regularly when was living up north.

Here's one chips chutney. Chili, mayo, curry and other sauces on it. Pretty nice but doesn't look very nice 😂😂😂😂

Back