Fixed!

Mooley

TK Veteran
DAMIEN DUFF last night accused FIFA and adidas of conspiring to get France through to the World Cup finals.

Furious Republic of Ireland winger Duff claimed: "Do I think it's a conspiracy? Definitely.

"FIFA want the big teams in the World Cup, they want France in the World Cup, and it may sound silly but they want teams sponsored by adidas.

"Adidas sponsor the World Cup, they sponsor France. Michel Platini has a lot of influence as well."

Ironically, Duff picks up more than £100,000 a year to wear adidas boots.

But he stormed: "Maybe we'd have had a better chance of going to the World Cup if it was sponsored by Umbro."

Thierry Henry's handball cheated Ireland. And Duff revealed manager Giovanni Trapattoni warned his team not to give ref Martin Hansson any chance to give a decision against them.

The Fulham star added: "The boss said to us beforehand don't give the ref every reason.

"FIFA have to take a long hard look at themselves now. The draw and then the decision the ref gave. Incredible.

"I don't know what's going on behind the scenes, it's just a joke.

"It's reminiscent of Maradona in 1986. We feel so cheated."

I still think it was a case of missed chances coming back to haunt us.

i agree it was a case of missed chances coming back to haunt us.and dont think there is any chance of fifa change there minds

Back