Flashing new image problems

jolly3434

Got my zgemma h2s sorted which was running WooshBuild Infinity,
and i am getting the same problems now with my other box tiviar alpha+ box
i cant backup my line or backup my box as it crashes each time.
I tried to do Flash a new image , in the settings, but as soon as i do that it crashes again.
i went on the web site
http://images2.mynonpublic.com/openatv/current/index.php?open=

flash your box with openATV on usb stick, but have tried serval times, but box doesnt boot from usb with image. i also change a file 'noforce' to 'force' but still wont work.
or is the box i have 'tiviar' completly differant way of setting it up?
Thanks

Got my zgemma h2s sorted which was running WooshBuild Infinity,
and i am getting the same problems now with my other box tiviar alpha+ box
i cant backup my line or backup my box as it crashes each time.
I tried to do Flash a new image , in the settings, but as soon as i do that it crashes again.
i went on the web site
http://images2.mynonpublic.com/openatv/current/index.php?open=

flash your box with openATV on usb stick, but have tried serval times, but box doesnt boot from usb with image. i also change a file 'noforce' to 'force' but still wont work.
or is the box i have 'tiviar' completly differant way of setting it up?
Thanks

If the box won't flash via usb it simply means the usb isn't recognised by the box, either format it with FAT32, and try again, if that doesn't work, try a different usb, often you will need to try several until the box accepts one

You can stop the bootloop/crash by issuing an "init 4" command using Putty or similar. (Forget the shell in a box within OpenWebIf).

You can then transfer your line/gift to PC using FTP with a program like FileZilla client.

Flash it using Grog's script.

If the box won't flash via usb it simply means the usb isn't recognised by the box, either format it with FAT32, and try again, if that doesn't work, try a different usb, often you will need to try several until the box accepts one

Thanks again,
i had used 3 differant usb sticks and none worked, bought a new one today in town and worked first time,
cheers all up and working now :-)

Back