firestick setup guide?

Pelter

...recently my 'acquaintance's' VOD has been a bit thin - anyone else feeling that it may be across the board?
Kinema is showing fewer blockbusters, and seems to only have .RU servers, which I'm naturally wary of.
Is there a new kid on the block (app-wise) that is worth a look?

...recently my 'acquaintance's' VOD has been a bit thin - anyone else feeling that it may be across the board?
Kinema is showing fewer blockbusters, and seems to only have .RU servers, which I'm naturally wary of.
Is there a new kid on the block (app-wise) that is worth a look?
Syncler is decent.
Syncler

I've installed the app as usual, but writing up the real-debian packages is proving a diminishing circle.
The guides on line fall on 'real beginner' as above, and git-hub experts. I have githubbut the communication with the stick is an issue

so..real-debrid enabled. Idiots guid to scraping and cataloguing content?
All the info for setting up Syncler is in the Syncler thread.
Syncler once setup with the Jakedup scrapers has some of the best scrapers of any VOD app I have tried and I have tried a lot including many Kodi addons.

I had an experience *blush*
I think I'd like to embrace the syncler full-monty.
Any advice for a relative novice. about what I should aim for?
Thanks for reading chap

I've been shot out the air...
My firestick 4k has somehow been 'updated' and sits muted.
If it was you. What would you do next?

I've been shot out the air...
My firestick 4k has somehow been 'updated' and sits muted.
If it was you. What would you do next?
Personally, I would move on from the Firestick. It's just going to get worse. I'm guessing you had auto-update enabled. You can try factory resetting it and disabling auto updates.

Personally, I would move on from the Firestick. It's just going to get worse. I'm guessing you had auto-update enabled. You can try factory resetting it and disabling auto updates.
Not sure resetting it would remove a firmware update.
I personally don’t use them but maybe someone can comment.

I'd disabled the updates and all the niggles I should...data collection etc.
Move on?...that's what I thought...but to where.
Like many, when you get something working sweet, (and it's been years)...you don',t necessarily follow the latest.
So it's like ...where to?

Like many, when you get something working sweet, (and it's been years)...you don',t necessarily follow the latest.
There are some great options out there. It depends on your budget and where you live. US has a new ONN $19.99 and ONN Pro $49.99 Android boxes that are a great option. Out of the US Chromecast is a good option £33.32 is not bad. I personally run an Nvidia Shield Pro a bit more pricy. There are some nice options. It just all depends on your budget.

Depends what your needs are.
Do you need Dolby Vision and Dolby sound codecs if you have a AVR connected to your TV that supports them.
Because Syncler has a lot of Blu-ray remux content.
If you don’t have an AVR and just need HDR support get something like a Chromecast or even something like this.
Kinhank G1 review Certified Android TV 4gb RAM

Bit late but in reality plenty of apps out there that provide VOD. A supplier might just wait till there's a big bulk to add. Think about it a doubt there are 200 major movies realised a year. A supplier could never keep up with apps Streamio, Teatv etc with tv shows.

Bit late but in reality plenty of apps out there that provide VOD. A supplier might just wait till there's a big bulk to add. Think about it a doubt there are 200 major movies realised a year. A supplier could never keep up with apps Streamio, Teatv etc with tv shows.
Just reconsidered your response.
I think you must be a movie nut, for our of those '200' ....I'd suppose 160 of them could safely be left on the shelf., and not make me cry.

Back