FORD FOCUS 1.6 ZETEC 2011 MK3 MODEL

Sam14

HI COULD ANYONE ADVISE HOW TO CHANGE THE CRANKSHAFT POSITION SENSOR ON A FORD FOCUS MK3 AND WHERE ITS LOCATED AND HOW EASY IT IS , AND IF THERE IS ANYTHING TO LOOK OUT FOR WHILST DOING IT

CHEERS

running rough , backfire , bad idle done all the usual checks coil pack plugs etc , throttle body you name it

1.4 had a breather pipe under plastic manifold that rotted and sucked air and runs rough.Ht leads go faulty also.
run diagnostics for faults?

no codes or engine management light on, yeah 1.6 has the breather pipe behind manifold with a pcv valve on it I thought about that one , bit of a pain in the arse stripping all that off for a breather

Listen for air hissing while running,dont think i stripped anything but got it in there by any means if replacing

Yeah it sounds like it mate when you give it the boot its sounds growly or throaty if you know what I mean its only 105 bhp , I assume it was cause these issues

I know there is a blow from the box one of the drain holes but there is a vaccum leak sound from the engine but as I said its a pain in the arse need to strip manifold off

running rough , backfire , bad idle done all the usual checks coil pack plugs etc , throttle body you name it

The plastic inlet manifold s are bad for warpping on them. Is it using more fuel also ??. To help diagnosing this can you spray the inlet manifold with brake cleaner when the engine is running. A change in the running of the engine (sound) at idle would indicate a leak. Manifold drawing in excess air into the engine and as a result the engine tries to compensate the extra air by using more fuel as its picked up by the oxygen sensor.

Back