Ford Fusion 1.4 tdci

Sirius

Hi has anyone got a 1.4 tdci my fusion keeps getting air in the fuel system, I’ve replaced the fuel lines on top of the engine with primer bulb, new fuel filter which seem to make it worse so put the old fuel filter back, and changed the injector bleed off pipes, smeared thick grease around joints , is there any other easy way of tracing the leak, any help would be great thanks in advance

Last edited:
hi, what gives you the impression its getting air into the system? is it hard to start the next day due to fuel starvation?

Is the fuel filter housing on the head or underneath,if on head i have changed the housing complete.

New fuel lines on the high pressure pump, new fuel filter but yes air getting in somehow the car starts runs on the fuel in the pipes then cuts out, pump fuel up with the little hand pump gets it running again then the same hours later, the fuel drains back to the tank

Yes top right on the engine stood facing it that’s the filter, just put a Mann filter on cost 87 quid

So its not the all in one as in picture above but the one with the screw off top that fails to seal,dam pain in the arse they are.

Just done that and found the pipe covered in gutter seal scraped it off and found this gash about half inch long,

Attachments

• 51D722C6-3ADB-480B-9B88-7830B7C6D2FD.jpeg
    51D722C6-3ADB-480B-9B88-7830B7C6D2FD.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 5
Must have driven over something,dont know if ford stock those pipes or if rubber fuel hose and jubilee clips might work as its not a feed but a return.You would think of diesel leaking underneath vehicle.

Not to mention I pickup my grandson from school daily all we need fuel pissing out all over a hot engine, I wouldn’t have sold it like that but you get scum don’t you

Back