formuler f1 openvix removal

wictor

Registered
ok so i flashed box with vix firmware and don,t like it and want to revert back to openatv the problem i,me having is it wont flash it just sits there saying flashing for hours.ive tried loading the backup i made and a nightly download, used multiple usb sticks.i can get into the box with firezilla,is there anyway of deleting vix off there?
Sponsored Links

wictor

Registered
thank you both got there eventually had to put it media/sda and then i put the f1 folder which didn't work i had to put the whole zip file in. thanks again.

Willo3092

TK Veteran
Forum Supporter
You really need your external storage mounted as /media/hdd/
I never mentioned unzipping and copying the f1 folder, that's just for usb flashing.
Glad you're sorted though :(y):

MeeMMeeM

Registered
ok so i flashed box with vix firmware and don,t like it and want to revert back to openatv the problem i,me having is it wont flash it just sits there saying flashing for hours.ive tried loading the backup i made and a nightly download, used multiple usb sticks.i can get into the box with firezilla,is there anyway of deleting vix off
download the latest openatv for your box from here;
http://images2.mynonpublic.com/openatv/current/index.php?open=formuler1

make sure the usb is formatted (FAT32) before you put the unzipped flash files on it
I am unable to get the box to flash... I’ve formatted the USB to Fat32 downloaded the latest image, unplugged, put USB in and pressed the power button for 2-3 seconds on the left side of the box... it either boots up or red lighting (power down)

I’ve tried changing noforce to force... but it still doesn’t appear to work, try 3 USBs... pulling my hair out a bit... any help would be appreciated!!

wictor

Registered
You really need your external storage mounted as /media/hdd/
I never mentioned unzipping and copying the f1 folder, that's just for usb flashing.
Glad you're sorted though :(y):
hi mate, ime not having a dig ime chuffed with myself for actually getting there because i know bugger all.so how where do i alter the settings? thanks

Willo3092

TK Veteran
Forum Supporter
If you're on ATV now I think it's
MENU > INFO PANEL > PLUGINS > MOUNT MANAGER

The hdd or usb that is used for storage should be mounted as /media/hdd and formatted as ext4 R/W

Willo3092

TK Veteran
Forum Supporter
Will give that a go thanks! Am I doing anything wrong in terms of pressing the power button on the side for 3 seconds? I’ve read some people say press “Ok” on the remote and some say press up on the remote :/
Rename noforce to force. You don't need to press any buttons.

Warhammer14

Registered
Interesting thread this one , after yesterday’s messing around trying to get my epg importer working I tried a vix image but now can’t get get it off , any ideas how to get back to atv

Warhammer14

Registered
You don't remove an image, you just flash over it.
Did EPG Importer work on ViX for you? Works fine for me on ViX.
I’ve only had a few mins look at it this morning it I’m unfamiliar with vix to be fair , I put latest atv on usb stick (fat32)this morning to flash over but it didn’t flash it just booted . Be home in a hour to put more time into it

bazcfc1

TK Veteran
Forum Supporter
I’ve only had a few mins look at it this morning it I’m unfamiliar with vix to be fair , I put latest atv on usb stick (fat32)this morning to flash over but it didn’t flash it just booted . Be home in a hour to put more time into it
Hold the power button on front of box whilst you press the white power on button on the back or open the file on usb if there is a file that says noforce rename to force and try again

Warhammer14

Registered
Hold the power button on front of box whilst you press the white power on button on the back or open the file on usb if there is a file that says noforce rename to force and try again
On the h7c I don’t see a front power button so I tried by remote control but didn’t work