Formuler F1 Twin Satellite Tuner

Getrom29

Registered
Anyone got this box

Formuler F1 is equipped with a powerful dual-core CPU and double the memory to handle any demanding tasks. This Full HD dual tuner set-top offers an extra plug-and-play tuner slot to expand your viewing possibilities. The fully appointed F1 will exceed all of your expectations.

SPARE 3RD TUNER SLOT, ADD 3RD SATELLITE DVB-S/S2 TUNER OR HYBRID DVB-C/T2 TUNER FOR CABLE/TERRESTRIAL.

ENIGMA 2 SUPPORT AVAILABLE FROM OPENVIX, OPENATV, OPENPLI + MORE!

NO OTHER ENIGMA 2 RECEIVER PRICED AT ONLY £89 OFFERS SUCH A HUGE SPECIFICATION! TRANSCODING SUPPORT, GIGABLIT LAN, DUAL CORE 1.3GHz CPU, 1GB DDR3 RAM, 512MB NAND FLASH, SUPER FAST & MASSIVE SPEC FOR SUCH A LOW PRICE!
Tech specs

Processor : Broadcom BCM7356 Dual Core 1.3GHz SoC, 3000 DMIPS *
*Note some 3rd party firmware/images may report the CPU speed as 1.1GHz this does not impact on performance.
RAM : 1GB DDR3
Flash Memory : 512 MB NAND
Output Resolution : Full HD 1080p60
System : Linux Enigma 2
Display : VFD (Vacuum Fluorescent Display) 8-Digits

DVB:
Tuner: 2x DVB-S2
1x Common Interface Slot
2x Smart Card Slots
Spare Plug & Play Tuner Slot (Satellite DVB-S/S2 and Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 Cable/Terrestrial tuners available).

Video:
AVC/H.264 MP/HP @L4.2
MPEG-2 MP @ML & HL
VC-1 Advanced profile @L3

Ports:
HDMI: HDMI 1.4
USB : 3x USB 2.0 (1 Front, 2 Rear)
Gigabit Ethernet : RJ45
AV : CVBS Video, L/R Audio, YPbPr Component Video
S/PDIF : Optical
Other : eSATA, SD Card slot, RS-232C, Power In

Willo3092

TK Veteran
Forum Supporter
I was having a little peek at that. More expensive than the H5 (if you have 3 tuners) but does have ViX support.
Also has an SD slot? That's unusual unless they mean microsd?
Twice as much ram and flash memory though.

......I think I need one!

Last edited:

judetron

Registered
Waste of money in my eyes h5 or h2s is 60 quid tops slight less ram but equal processor and much more support available for them....only my opinion though

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Willo3092

TK Veteran
Forum Supporter
Well I ended up getting one and very pleased I did :grin:
I paid an extra £20 to make it a triple tuner with 2 sat and 1 cable/terrestrial. (£109 altogether).
It's a bit bigger than the Zgemma but it's a nice looking box with a really good display.

upload_2017-10-18_14-37-59.png

It seems to perform just as well as the Zgemma H5.2TC and the remote is very nice.
There is a full SD slot under the front flap. I'm using a 128gb microsd in an adapter and set it as hdd so no need for anything else plugged in.
Added bonus is Picture in Picture. Early days but well pleased so far.

.... Just found out it supports Kodi too.

Last edited:

bangord30

TK Veteran
I paid an extra £20 to make it a triple tuner with 2 sat and 1 cable/terrestrial. (£109 altogether).
It's a bit bigger than the Zgemma but it's a nice looking box with a really good display.

View attachment 27140

It seems to perform just as well as the Zgemma H5.2TC and the remote is very nice.
There is a full SD slot under the front flap. I'm using a 128gb microsd in an adapter and set it as hdd so no need for anything else plugged in.
That has to be Dave's new avatar!

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

1999gtv

TK Veteran
Forum Supporter
Was this receiver something to do with Octagon when it was released in 2014? I am sure I saw an Octagon video featuring this on you tube. Have been trying to decide between the formuler, edision osmini and zgemma for a new bedroom box

dsayers2014

VIP Member

View attachment 27140

.... Just found out it supports Kodi too.
Looking good if it has my forum name on the display I deserve some commission or at least a freebie pmsl

Is that showing the name of the plugin when going into plugins?

Willo3092

TK Veteran
Forum Supporter
Was this receiver something to do with Octagon when it was released in 2014? I am sure I saw an Octagon video featuring this on you tube. Have been trying to decide between the formuler, edision osmini and zgemma for a new bedroom box
Yes they were Octagon... don't know what happened there?

Willo3092

TK Veteran
Forum Supporter
Looking good if it has my forum name on the display I deserve some commission or at least a freebie pmsl

Is that showing the name of the plugin when going into plugins?
Yes mate, it's the plugin. It has a full scrolling display.
It shows DSAYERS: VIRGIN MEDIA UK CHANNELS INTO SKY UK, 3 times and then stops on DSAYERS :(y):

Willo3092

TK Veteran
Forum Supporter
Early days yet but for the price i can't fault it.
I think they might possibly have been able to fit an internal hdd because it's bigger than a zgemma.
It doesn't get anywhere near as hot either, probably due to the size and the good ventilation.
The only other thing is that it doesn't have a hard reset power switch, just one on the side to put it in standby.
Definitely an upgrade from the H2H though, very much faster with bigger flash and ram.
I would recommend it over the H2H/S and Edision OS Mini.