Formuler F1 Twin Satellite Tuner

zTemplar

Registered
Separate bouquets. You need to set the tuner as DVB-T in Tuner Config and in Autobouquetsmaker you need to add Freeview and specify which provider comes first.
Hi and thanks for an interesting thread.

I just got my Formuler F1 yesterday and have been setting it up with OpenATV and Wooshbuild since that is what I am familiar with coming from a Zgemma H2.S.

I have got the standard DVB as the 3rd tuner and have scanned and am getting good pictures but unsure how to incorporate into my EPG. I'm using the normal Whoosh supplied AutoBouquets E2 and that works great with sat and IPTV but the Freeview channels are just stuck in a bouquet called 'Last scanned'. I did install autobouquetsmaker (2.9+git404) but when I go into plugins I don't see it although if I select 'Remove plugins' there it is. :confused:

Any advice gladly received and do you think I would be better served by installing OpenViX rather than Whoosh &

Willo3092

VIP Member
Forum Supporter
ABM will be in the Service Searching or Tuner Config section of the main menu.
Select which services you need in 'providers' and disable ABE2.

There's my ViX version in downloads which is all set up. Just set your providers in ABM.

zTemplar

Registered
ABM will be in the Service Searching or Tuner Config section of the main menu.
Select which services you need in 'providers' and disable ABE2.

There's my ViX version in downloads which is all set up. Just set your providers in ABM.
Thanks Willo! :(y):

I've removed ABE2 and can see ABM in Service Searching and so did a rescan but of course then I lost my CS channels such as BT Sport and eirSport. I will continue to see if I can merge the best of both but fear I may be asking too much of this lovely machine.

Using two sat feeds, one DVB terrestrial, c-line, and IPTV.

Willo3092

VIP Member
Forum Supporter
ABE2 only scans 28.2 I think. ABM will set up FreeSat, Freeview, Cable and Satellite.
You just need to make sure all cables are connected correctly, set the providers and set your preferences in the other settings.

WAKI

Registered
Hi, just having trouble flashing the box. I've put the files on a USB plugged it rebooted the box and it's stuck on flashing and doesn't do anything. The box now wont boot up and just displays Forumler on the box itself.

Maxnew

Registered
I got my f1 yesterday. it took me 2 goes to flash whooshbuild. First time I was impatient, When I flashed mine the 2nd time it literally took 10mins with display on box saying flashing and blank tv screen. I thought it wasn’t flashing initially but it turned out I didn’t leave it long enough the first time

steptoe

TK Veteran
Forum Supporter
I have an F1 running multi eurosats , and cable,
in
Thanks Willo! :(y):

I've removed ABE2 and can see ABM in Service Searching and so did a rescan but of course then I lost my CS channels such as BT Sport and eirSport. I will continue to see if I can merge the best of both but fear I may be asking too much of this lovely machine.

Using two sat feeds, one DVB terrestrial, c-line, and IPTV.
I have an F1 running multi eurosats , and cable,
in ABM you need to select the providers you want,
I'm just running plain OpenVix

WAKI

Registered
no idea,
it probably should,but plain Vix works perfectly fine for me so I dont see any need to use anything else
Yeah took wooshbuild off and put on a vix image and all seems to be working fine now, might mess around with the skins etc. just trying to get used to using this box over the zgemma h2h

steptoe

TK Veteran
Forum Supporter
Yeah took wooshbuild off and put on a vix image and all seems to be working fine now, might mess around with the skins etc. just trying to get used to using this box over the zgemma h2h
whoosh works slightly differently as its built on ATV,
so there may be some form of conflict,
I had issues using both whoosh and willo trying to set up multisat, without cable being in the mix, thats when I decided to just try plain Vix, and now it just works.
currently getting 28, 19 and 13 sat and cable on an F1 [ and using an OSmini on multisat as a cable-slave with channels importer ] with no issues

WAKI

Registered
whoosh works slightly differently as its built on ATV,
so there may be some form of conflict,
I had issues using both whoosh and willo trying to set up multisat, without cable being in the mix, thats when I decided to just try plain Vix, and now it just works.
currently getting 28, 19 and 13 sat and cable on an F1 [ and using an OSmini on multisat as a cable-slave with channels importer ] with no issues
All running fine last night without any issue just running Vix after the suggestions etc. just need to sort out this issue of a buzzing/humming sound that im getting through the audio when the VM Coax is connected which is irritating. Picons for channels is also somethign which i need to look into aswell. Overall impressed with the box.

Toona

Registered
To those that have gone from a Zgemma H2S to a Formuler F1, is the difference very much greater? Was it worth the upgrade? I was looking to get a H2S but was wondering if it would be better to go straight to the F1.

dt99

TK Veteran
To those that have gone from a Zgemma H2S to a Formuler F1, is the difference very much greater? Was it worth the upgrade? I was looking to get a H2S but was wondering if it would be better to go straight to the F1.
Much better. I went from an H2s to an F1. It zaps quicker, loads quicker, plays my IPTV better, plus I can also have triple tuners now, so I have 2 x sat and 1 x terrestrial tuner. Overall, the F1 has been a big step up for me, I definitely would spend the extra and get the F1 over the H2s.

Also, on my h2s, I was always getting freezing, glitching and pixilation.....as soon as I swapped box it went, same provider on both boxes.

Toona

Registered
Much better. I went from an H2s to an F1. It zaps quicker, loads quicker, plays my IPTV better, plus I can also have triple tuners now, so I have 2 x sat and 1 x terrestrial tuner. Overall, the F1 has been a big step up for me, I definitely would spend the extra and get the F1 over the H2s.

Also, on my h2s, I was always getting freezing, glitching and pixilation.....as soon as I swapped box it went, same provider on both boxes.
Thanks very much for that. You've got the same configuration I want. Where's the best place to buy an F1 from?