Formuler GTV box arrived

loncell

Just received the updated GTV with Google and I must say the IPTV interface is absolutely superb, so much to go at and record facility is brilliant. I've had a Nvidia 4k Pro and I'd say the Nvidia is brilliant with its 4k YouTube but for IPTV ? chalk and cheese the Formuler is more of a dedicated IPTV box more solid which suits me better and there is def a picture quality improvement of a Fire Cube and Fire 4K not much but it is noticeable. I know it might be corny but the remote feels and operates like remotes should, solid without that cheap Android £20 box remote feel.
Is it £144 better than others quite frankly its down to your usage and what you want it to do. For IPTV yes, for YouTube no.

horses for courses

noddyrams

TK Supporter
Just received the updated GTV with Google and I must say the IPTV interface is absolutely superb, so much to go at and record facility is brilliant. I've had a Nvidia 4k Pro and I'd say the Nvidia is brilliant with its 4k YouTube but for IPTV ? chalk and cheese the Formuler is more of a dedicated IPTV box more solid which suits me better and there is def a picture quality improvement of a Fire Cube and Fire 4K not much but it is noticeable. I know it might be corny but the remote feels and operates like remotes should, solid without that cheap Android £20 box remote feel.
Is it £144 better than others quite frankly its down to your usage and what you want it to do. For IPTV yes, for YouTube no.

horses for courses
do you have a link to which this box is please?

loncell

FORMULER | GTV| 4K Ultra HD Powered by Android TV

As for comparing against the nvidia AI ?, I have to admit that AI was very good but, it doesn't upscale everything only certain streams but when it does upscale by God it was good, superb quality.
Like I said
For iptv ? Formuler hands down
For TubeTube and upscaling ?
Nvidia

I'm blown away with the iptv on the Formuler, no wonder their safe guarding the app in their firmware

Last edited:

bbrodri

The biggest difference between GTV and Z8 Pro (and other Z series) is Android OS. GTV is Android TV OS powered by Google while Z series is Android custom OS. Also, GTV comes with GTV-BT1 remote (Bluetooth) while Z8 Pro comes with GTV-IR1 remote (IR). Both have MOL2.

Hi Guys
I've been using a ZGEMMA and most recently a 4K Firestick for my iptv. After reading quite a bit on here, I'd like to upgrade / change to the Formular Z8 Pro.

Is there a reliable place someone can recommend to get one from other or does anyone on here sell them?

Cheers

pupuqiop

TK Veteran
TK Supporter

NazoDoop

TK Veteran
Z8 Pro is miles better than my old zGemma.
PQ is superb, same as audio.
Everything runs much quicker too. Recording is easy and works well