Formuler Z7+ - recommendations for WIFI booster?

Moyt

Have 2 of these boxes.
1 is hard wired Ethernet. The other runs WiFi.
Wired = no problems.
Wifi from next room = problems - loading every so often it gets very annoying.

It's definitely not the fibre broadband speeds. Both boxes are updated to the latest firmware.

Can someone recommend some sort of WIFI signal booster/dongle to use with the z7+?
Maybe something like a Dreamlink dongle like THIS? Though I think this particular dongle has mixed reviews.

wifi is not recomended at all for iptv. i would use homeplugs no real difference in price

Hi good call I was using mine through WiFi and was freezing quite a bit.That was with 45meg speed as well the box is excellent but not with WiFi. Purchased home plugs just the cheapest tp links and been fantastic since.

Homeplugs it is then. I'll try and find some decent budget ones, really don't want to spend much on these. Thanks for your input :)

Be careful with homeplugs mate. Some of them work but others can be terrible. I've never had success with them myself - lots of dropouts and high latency - although I know some people swear by them, so they can't be all bad. I've just ended running CAT5e all around my house :)

Be careful with homeplugs mate. Some of them work but others can be terrible. I've never had success with them myself - lots of dropouts and high latency - although I know some people swear by them, so they can't be all bad. I've just ended running CAT5e all around my house :)

The box isn't too far from the router - only 1 thick wall away. I'd say about 4 meters away from each other at most? But I think that thick wall makes all the difference, also sometimes if someone even walks past the box, the channel load screen can appear.
The WIFI on the Z7+ in my case is horrendous. I can only imagine that powerlines will make my experience a lot better. Even if the solution isn't perfect. :)

The box isn't too far from the router - only 1 thick wall away. I'd say about 4 meters away from each other at most? But I think that thick wall makes all the difference, also sometimes if someone even walks past the box, the channel load screen can appear.
The WIFI on the Z7+ in my case is horrendous. I can only imagine that powerlines will make my experience a lot better. Even if the solution isn't perfect. :)

You can only try :)

Mine are 1000 mbs i would not know the minimum speed required i should imagine 200 mbs would be to slow. may be best to wait for more answers or create a new thread.

Have 2 of these boxes.
1 is hard wired Ethernet. The other runs WiFi.
Wired = no problems.
Wifi from next room = problems - loading every so often it gets very annoying.

It's definitely not the fibre broadband speeds. Both boxes are updated to the latest firmware.

Can someone recommend some sort of WIFI signal booster/dongle to use with the z7+?
Maybe something like a Dreamlink dongle like THIS? Though I think this particular dongle has mixed reviews.

Homeplugs it is then. I'll try and find some decent budget ones, really don't want to spend much on these. Thanks for your input :)

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/compu...adapter-kit-av600-twin-pack-10143560-pdt.html

maybe some of these

Last edited:
Mine are 1000 mbs i would not know the minimum speed required i should imagine 200 mbs would be to slow. may be best to wait for more answers or create a new thread.
Ahh that might be a good point. And here I am looking at 600 Mbps. Maybe I should look into 1000+ Mbps powerlines then.

or buy a longer Lan cable and connect it that way :)

I don't think thick walls create problems my brother has his router upstairs and a formuler box connected in a cellar he has converted and they work perfectly.

@Moyt ithink you will need 3 adapters 1 for your modem and one for each box

Just to update anyone else who is going to rely on the Z7+'s wifi, in a similar situation as myself.....AVOID IT. Go hard wired or like myself powerlines. Bought some used AV 1000 TP powerlines and everything runs nice now.
Peace :)

Back