Formuler Z8 - Coming Soon 2019

Kuul Media

FORUM SPONSOR
0nj4kj7ph2s11.jpg

We are proud to announce that Formuler will be releasing the new Z8 4K UHD. Kuul Media and our official resellers will be the first to launch the new Formuler Z8 in the United Kingdom & Ireland.

The Z8 will be arriving in the United Kingdom & Ireland between beginning of 2019.

Its predecessor, the Z7+ was launched last year and became the most popular selling Android media player due to its increased storage capacity, Android 7 upgrade and of course the unique application for IPTV Portal ‘MYTVOnline’.

Now the Z8 superior engine is more powerful and faster than ever!

New MYTVOnline2 Application, Newer Bluetooth 4.2 version, Dual Wi-Fi Band with external antenna, and has larger memory storage than all its previous models

Key Features

eMMC :16 GBytes
SDRAM : 2 GBytes (DDR4)

Wi-Fi Dual Band with Antenna: 2.4GHz & 5GHz 802.11ab/g/n/ac

Ethernet LAN: GigaBit 1000M Speed

Bluetooth: 2.1/3.0/4.0/4.2

rpidemon

TK Veteran
View attachment 35654

We are proud to announce that Formuler will be releasing the new Z8 4K UHD. Kuul Media and our official resellers will be the first to launch the new Formuler Z8 in the United Kingdom & Ireland.

The Z8 will be arriving in the United Kingdom & Ireland between beginning of 2019.

Its predecessor, the Z7+ was launched last year and became the most popular selling Android media player due to its increased storage capacity, Android 7 upgrade and of course the unique application for IPTV Portal ‘MYTVOnline’.

Now the Z8 superior engine is more powerful and faster than ever!

New MYTVOnline2 Application, Newer Bluetooth 4.2 version, Dual Wi-Fi Band with external antenna, and has larger memory storage than all its previous models

Key Features

eMMC :16 GBytes
SDRAM : 2 GBytes (DDR4)

Wi-Fi Dual Band with Antenna: 2.4GHz & 5GHz 802.11ab/g/n/ac

Ethernet LAN: GigaBit 1000M Speed

Bluetooth: 2.1/3.0/4.0/4.2

Looks very nice I am currently using the z7+ does the z8 use dedicated Android TV firmware or is it still using the same as a tablet style device?

Kuul Media

FORUM SPONSOR
Looks very nice I am currently using the z7+ does the z8 use dedicated Android TV firmware or is it still using the same as a tablet style device?
Hi rpidemon,

The Z8 will be using Android Oreo 8 Not Android 'TV'. So like you said it will be based on mobile/tablet not like smart TV or certified AndroidTV Operating system.

The Dinobot TV range is AndroidTV (non-certified) but is operates like an official Smart TV/not mobile android.

rpidemon

TK Veteran
Hi rpidemon,

The Z8 will be using Android Oreo 8 Not Android 'TV'. So like you said it will be based on mobile/tablet not like smart TV or certified AndroidTV Operating system.

The Dinobot TV range is AndroidTV (non-certified) but is operates like an official Smart TV/not mobile android.
Thank you for the info it is much appreciated.

stuss

TK Veteran
TK Supporter
What are the chances of formuler getting a box on the market without serious issues in firmware and ignoring customers requests. I have used formuler z7. Throughout the year
Its a competent box. But is it worth £50 extra. ?

stuss

TK Veteran
TK Supporter
I have spoke to Sam of formuler on couple forums regular .
Sync issues. Up to 6 seconds oos
Took 2 months to ammend.
EPG. After last update works to a degree.

Not turning off.
not turning on (stuck in standby)
Remote control issues. I am sure the remote control was an after thought.
I have persevered over the last 9 months and I like myiptv app it's quality.. But lots of bugs.

Last edited:

Kuul Media

FORUM SPONSOR
I have spoke to Sam on couple forums regular .
Sync issues. Up to 6 seconds oos
Took 2 months to ammend.
EPG. After last update works to a degree.

Not turning off.
not turning on (stuck in standby)
Remote control issues. I am sure the remote control was an after thought.
I have preserved over the last 9 months and I like myiptv app it's quality.. But lots of bugs.

Hi Stuss,

Formuler did release a new firmware update that fixed most bugs such as standby issues and new drivers etc. However the standby is a common issue and if this is still ongoing after the last update. They will keep trying to get a fix to resolve this problem

stuss

TK Veteran
TK Supporter
Hi Stuss,

Formuler did release a new firmware update that fixed most bugs such as standby issues and new drivers etc. However the standby is a common issue and if this is still ongoing after the last update. They will keep trying to get a fix to resolve this problem
Thank you for replying.
I like the z7, but will be holding off for z8, until tried and tested by end-user
Stuss

rpidemon

TK Veteran
Sold the z7+ went back to enigma 2 the Formuler just did not feel right and the apart from myTVonline, the apps are just optimized for the device and became very frustrating very quickly for family members trying to use Netflix and UK catch up apps. Hopefully they have paid the money for certified Android TV firmware for the new model instead of making do with tablet firmware on the z7+.
@Kuul Media the z7+ must of had some kind of TV mount at some point in its life as there is some kind of mounting on the rear of the device.

st3vedom

TK Supporter
Purchased a few z7+ for friends and family great box a few bugs at the start, but what about the remote its quite possibly the worst remote ever, clicking noise drives me mad.:emoji_anguished:

rpidemon

TK Veteran
Its not a bad box at all, but its as if they have focused on the myTV app and nothing else. Even Kodi needed the buttons remapping to be used to its full functionality and that comes pre-installed :grimacing:

Kuul Media

FORUM SPONSOR
It would be great if Formuler did obtain a certified Android TV for their brand/models, however for now its based on Mobile/Tablet versions. @rpidemon your correct there are mount holes at the underside of the device, we did speak to Formuler about obtaining a TV Mount for the Z7 & ZX but there's none in manufacture.

We do know BuzzTV are planning on developing a new Android TV Certified device but we cant say much for now until we get the thumbs up.