free program other than itunes to delete/tranfer photos from iphone to laptop using windows

Dear All,

I havent backed up my iphone for a while and have a number of photos l want to transfer to a laptop (windows). I have tried changing the backup directory from C drive to an external drive - that hasnt worked correctly, so the C drive is still storing the backup. When l connect the iphone to the laptop it looks to import photos, but not all photos are present as some are in the photo stream. I have moved them into another photo album but for some reason, when in Windows Explorer its not showing any of these files in the internal storage directory.

Is there a free program out there, that l can view all the photo files from the iphone then transfer them over to the laptop. As the iphone backup will take several hours - 100GB to backup.

Any help would be appreciated, as this is driving me mad......

thanks
Charlie

iTunes can be a real pain at times, in the options section (once phone is connected) you can untick automatically sync when this iPhone is connected, which will stop the import?

best program I found so far is Any Trans there is a limited amount you can use for free? If not piratebay its on there AnyTrans v5.1.1

will have to use my vpn then to download some software, just a pain that itunes starts backup on c drive when you have created a link to the external drive.....thanks for the reply

If you go to edit, preferences, advanced and click on change, you can choose a default path where you want the iTunes media? just not sure it will work the way you want with photos?

If you go to edit, preferences, advanced and click on change, you can choose a default path where you want the iTunes media? just not sure it will work the way you want with photos?

Yes, l can do that but have limted space on the C drive.
I have created a junction to link the backup folder from the C drive to the F drive where by external HDD is. However, when its backing up l can see C drive storage going down, as the backup is created in both the C drive backup folder as well as on the external HDD too.....
Followed the guides on Youtube to change the location of the backup folder to another drive.

using:
MkLink /J "%AppData%\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup" "F:\MobileSync\Backup"
It has created the junction successfully, just have to see how it goes.

Back