Freesat box? Getting rid of Sky HD

adaml87

Hello,

My SKY HD contract comes to an end next week. We don't have an aerial in/on the house, just a dish that was put up when we took out the sky hd.

What sort of box would i need to be able to get the standard free channels? I assume i need a freesat box rather than freeview because i don't have the aerial?

I have an old zgemma H9T box, i guess this wont work as it doesn't have the satellite connector at the back? I used to be with virgin for broadband which is why i got this box, now i have bt.

Thanks.

Yeah you need a freesat box or since your familiar with the Zgemma H9 get the Satellite version.

Not sure what the score is with Sky boxes these day but will that not still give you the free stuff out of contract ?

Could you not install an aerial and use your H9T ?

If you have a smart tv it may well have a built in satellite tuner that would be your cheapest option to get you up and running until you decide on what type of box suits your needs/budget

Hello,

My SKY HD contract comes to an end next week. We don't have an aerial in/on the house, just a dish that was put up when we took out the sky hd.

What sort of box would i need to be able to get the standard free channels? I assume i need a freesat box rather than freeview because i don't have the aerial?

I have an old zgemma H9T box, i guess this wont work as it doesn't have the satellite connector at the back? I used to be with virgin for broadband which is why i got this box, now i have bt.

Thanks.
if you have sky hd (not sky q) and are only interested in the free channels, you can keep using your box even when the contract ends

Thanks guys. I will look at either keeping the original hd box that sky provided, or getting an aerial installed. For some reason they didn't install one when we bought the house :pensive:

Sky dont use or need aerials.

If its the older sky + hd needing 2 feeds ?
h7s would take 2 feeds and you get an aerial fitted to allow freeview on that box.
h9 could be setup in another room with aerial feed also

If you had a tv in bedroom you can access the other box for recordings to view.

Back