Freesat Linux box with wideband support

white43

I've got the official Arris Freesat 4K box and to be honest, I got it because it had *some* apps. But I use a firestick as a hub for all the apps and the Freesat box is purely for viewing and recording occasionally.

With that in mind, is there a Linux box which will accept the wideband LNB connection? (I used to have Sky Q). The Freesat Arris is just so slow and clunky.

Thanks

I've got the official Arris Freesat 4K box and to be honest, I got it because it had *some* apps. But I use a firestick as a hub for all the apps and the Freesat box is purely for viewing and recording occasionally.

With that in mind, is there a Linux box which will accept the wideband LNB connection? (I used to have Sky Q). The Freesat Arris is just so slow and clunky.

Thanks
Can you change the lnb to a hybrid one.

Can you change the lnb to a hybrid one.
I could do, just wondered if anything supports the wideband one. Can you still get 4K UHD with a quad/hybrid LNB?

EDIT: Of course I'm talking bollocks. There is no 4K/Ultra HD being transmitted on Freesat is there? Just HD.

I was looking for a box to replace the Arris as it's slow and clunky. SO are you saying replace the LNB and then get a Linux box?
Yes buddy you will get both and a decent hard drive for less than £200. Is it just Freesat you are after you can run IPTV on a Linux E2 box and customise the look of it.

Perfect no need for a top end box for free satellite channels I would still get an enigma 2 box though nothing available on the market comes close. That one you have now is not cheap still rubbish compared to an E2

Do you still have Sky Q and want to continue using their service ? AHH USED TOO

If no Sky sub swap lnb out as you dont need it or a hybrid.

Last edited:
Do you still have Sky Q and want to continue using their service ?

If no Sky sub swap lnb out as you dont need it or a hybrid.
No, I said I used to have Sky Q and now have an Arris Freesat box which I find slow and clunky. Was sussing out if I needed to change the LNB or if Linux box supported it.

If it's a high end Linux receiver you're after then from personal experience I'd recommend the Gigablue Quad 4K, or Gigablue UE UHD which is the same just a few less hardware trimmings. Then there's the Ocatagon SF8008 and AX HD61 which cost a little less and are rated by other members.

Those two Gigablue boxes come with FBC tuners compatible with unicable LNB's, enabling a similar user experience recording wise as your current setup. I use an Inverto unicable LNB with mine which has legacy ports. Those other boxes I assume you'd need to use a legacy port / universal LNB with.

Thanks
No you will need to swap out the LNB a simple universal one for a Linux box for something like the sf8008 will do.

As others have said swap the LNB get the octagon and a portable hard drive, and Roberts your dads brother job done.
That machine runs iptv well just give it a try you might be surprised.

Back