Freesat only

Paulmcg

Hey folks, have an hs2 box that's been flashed more than a perv in a trenchcoat,
Iv tried a couple of things this afternoon with no real progress to get it running as a bobby basic freesat box.
Have iptv on firestick already so my plan is to get box running as a free to air receiver for UK channels in case Internet fails or I can take to caravan if this lockdown ever ends lol.
So please help but give me basic instructions what i need and how to do it please as my tech head isn't what it used to be lol.

Flash OpenATV
Attach a USB stick to save EPG data
Install CrossEPG
Install AutoBouquetsMaker (ABM)
Set UP EPG to be saved to the USB device
Restart
Set up ABM for your region and run it. Set it to run once a week
Set up CrossEPG, set it to run twice a week

Flash OpenATV
Attach a USB stick to save EPG data
Install CrossEPG
Install AutoBouquetsMaker (ABM)
Set UP EPG to be saved to the USB device
Restart
Set up ABM for your region and run it. Set it to run once a week
Set up CrossEPG, set it to run twice a week
Is Freesat different to Freeview regarding the epg?
Freeview epg doesn't download or save anywhere, it just populates when any Freeview channel is selected

Is Freesat different to Freeview regarding the epg?
Freeview epg doesn't download or save anywhere, it just populates when any Freeview channel is selected
How EPG is obtained is one thing. What is done with it is another. He has a H2S, so Freeview (using an aerial) is not relevant unless he has a USB tuner. As you asked, Freeview EPG is on all frequencies. Freesat EPG is trickle speed on most frequencies.

All EPG is held in RAM and is saved to a location on shut down/restart. So either internal flash memory or a storage device.

All done except the cross epg thing, for some reason it's just coming up with an error everytime I try to update it

Cool TV guide is a plugin to display EPG. Most images have adequate EPG displaying methods as it is, so up to you if you want to display EPG using CoolTV guide. you can display EPG, you have to get it.

You need to be a bit more descriptive than "it didn't work".

I presume it is a signal issue or tuner mis-configuration. If you cannot receive 11778, Vertical , 27500 using all the tuners configured for 28.2, ABM and CrossEPG will not lock to the frequency they use to get the data.

cross epg will error if both tuners r turned on with only 1 lead in epg importor,set rytec general+ sky/vm ,save n u should b good allso in abm u shud have hide bouquets ,tick the 1s u dont want ,save scan in abm n they be gone dont really need cros epg ,just use importer n abm n have a usb setup correctly 4 storage

Cool TV guide is a plugin to display EPG. Most images have adequate EPG displaying methods as it is, so up to you if you want to display EPG using CoolTV guide. you can display EPG, you have to get it.

You need to be a bit more descriptive than "it didn't work".

I presume it is a signal issue or tuner mis-configuration. If you cannot receive 11778, Vertical , 27500 using all the tuners configured for 28.2, ABM and CrossEPG will not lock to the frequency they use to get the data.
Ignore me I'm talking crap lol, found the epg and bouquet in among settings I thought I had to download them

He will be taking the receiver to his caravan. Using EPG importer will require an internet connection to obtain EPG. Using CrossEPG and using OPenTV EPG provider does not require internet connection.

Back