Freeview

nige3367

Is there any way of streaming just Freeview without a TV ariel. My Ariel is on the blink and thought it may be cheaper if I could stream it. Virgin want to charge me more to upgrade my router. I have tried to get it on the firestick but its not the UK version.

if you are in the UK there are apps,
or just log onto the relevant website.

What box is in use?
Do you have a satellite dish?
May be able to get Freesat
Dont have a dish.
We were using Freeview built into TV . i will get a quote on a new ariel but just thought it might be easier to stream on a stick.. looking at Now TV and Rocku sticks it doesnt make it clear if you can get Freeview plus they ask for card details for setup.

why would you buy an antenna that is recommended for 3 miles away if you live 30 miles away...?
I we already had 1 and i brought another one in hope that it would work :-)

Dont have a dish.
We were using Freeview built into TV . i will get a quote on a new ariel but just thought it might be easier to stream on a stick.. looking at Now TV and Rocku sticks it doesnt make it clear if you can get Freeview plus they ask for card details for setup.
Around these parts I think it's around £60-70 for a new aerial fitted Inc chimney lashings, cable and connections, my B-I-L had one put up a few weeks ago but he didn't ring around for quotes so it's possible he could have got it cheaper.

You can get a loft aerial for about £20 if you are handy at DIY?

Last edited:
Around these parts I think it's around £60-70 for a new aerial fitted Inc chimney lashings, cable and connections, my B-I-L had one put up a few weeks ago but he didn't ring around for quotes so it's possible he could have got it cheaper.

You can get a loft aerial for about £20 if you are handy at DIY?

£89 for an aerial fitted with connection to 1 room round here (West Yorks) so he did well there.

£89 for an aerial fitted with connection to 1 room round here (West Yorks) so he did well there.
The chap who did it only sets out when he has 7 or 8 jobs, does them all in a day then goes back to his day job, nice earner if he can get £500-600 in cash, obviously his materials take up the majority of this but aerials are cheaper if you are buying twenty at a time and a 1000m roll of cable

Back