WooshBuild freezing buts its not cold??

dougy b

hi everyone i use a zgemma h5.2tci noticed my box had froze at 12-38 not even using the bloody thing ,the box had froze i could not do a thng withit i had to turn the power off then on it rebooted and alls well its happened before so i dont now if its my box or my supplier , i run wooshbuild infinity ,any ideas please

Not be supplier, i would say do software update but the way things have been going recently with open atv if you are using that is don’t bother as will end up reflashing! If keeps happening then reflash maybe needed but if not broken don’t fix! I’ve learned this the hard way so it’s your choice lol

As @Graham19811981 said it won't be your provider if you couldn't do anything, if it was your provider you would still be able to operate your box and just the picture would freeze.

before you do a software update make sure you make a complete backup as software updates are known to cause issues some times.

mines was the same after doing updates, freezing every 22-15 secs, just reflashed box and started again, working fine now

hi, not sure where to post really as it looks like the wooshbuild support thread is closed now?.....
anyway.....i`m on infinity and have been for some months.....
i`ve been having an issue when rebooting the box and it freezing on the wooshbuild boot logo and not fully going through to a channel,
i keep having to turn the box off and back on again at the back for it to fully reboot to the end, this sometimes works straight away or sometimes needs another one or two try`s. would this be openatv or the build?

i`ve just reflashed openatv aswell today as i did some software updates last night and the box stuck on "starting" and would`nt do anything more...
but just rebooted and stuck on the wooshbuild boot logo again......would both these seperate issues be openatv issue??

also as a side note i`ve been having issues with EPG importer getting stuck on the daily auto import like once or twice a week sometimes for some reason and for some time.....
i`ve uninstalled it and reinstalled but still happens, anyone heard of this happening and/or would this be to do with openatv aswell?

i`m quite clueless generally with these things so i`m clutching at straws.
thank you.

hi, not sure where to post really as it looks like the wooshbuild support thread is closed now?.....
anyway.....i`m on infinity and have been for some months.....
i`ve been having an issue when rebooting the box and it freezing on the wooshbuild boot logo and not fully going through to a channel,
i keep having to turn the box off and back on again at the back for it to fully reboot to the end, this sometimes works straight away or sometimes needs another one or two try`s. would this be openatv or the build?

i`ve just reflashed openatv aswell today as i did some software updates last night and the box stuck on "starting" and would`nt do anything more...
but just rebooted and stuck on the wooshbuild boot logo again......would both these seperate issues be openatv issue??

also as a side note i`ve been having issues with EPG importer getting stuck on the daily auto import like once or twice a week sometimes for some reason and for some time.....
i`ve uninstalled it and reinstalled but still happens, anyone heard of this happening and/or would this be to do with openatv aswell?

i`m quite clueless generally with these things so i`m clutching at straws.
thank you.

You haven't said what box you are using?
if you have flashed openatv again as you said above, there won't be any wooshbuild components on the box, so the chances are it didn't flash.
It sounds like it needs reflashing:
put a usb in the back of the box, then on remote click menu>setup>system>storage devices
Click on usb name and initialise it, wait for it to finish
click blue>flash online/local
Choose openatv 6.2
Wait for the box to download and install a new image
When it gets to HDMI/RCA settings on the TV, you can ignore it and either add WB Infinity or Grogbuild freerange by going into Terminal in openwebif on the laptop and pasting in the command line for the build of your choice.

If it is an old box, you may be as well just using plain openatv, download epgimporter and autobouquetsmaker from plugins menu, then add the softcam feed (4.3) from resources section at the top of this page and away you go

thanks for the reply......
sorry it`s vu solo2 box, i reflashed and then put wooshbuild on it again today...but the sticking on wooshbuild boot logo happened again after reflashing/reinstalling wooshbuild.

in that case, reflash openatv 6.2 and don't put wooshbuild on it, use it 'as is' and see if you can load channels, epg, bouquets etc

.....i`ve had someone say before your probably better of not using a build and just using plain openatv...kind of been scared of doing it though lol,
i`ve no idea what softcams are either.....heard/seen it mentioned but.....

Wooshbuild and Grogbuild are both based on openatv
other builds are based on openvix

you don't have you use a build, thousands of people use plain openatv or openvix and set them up as they want themselves

Softcams are used to open/access the lines (cable or satellite) you don't need them if you just use the box for iptv
openatv doesn't come with softcams and neither does wooshbuild, you have to install them yourself, grogbuild does

the only channels i have coming through the dish are UK FTA, the rest are iptv, does this mean i would`nt need softcam?
also i noticed when i reflashed openatv it was in german at the beginning, can this be changed at the beginning?
never noticed it last time but i did notice it changes to english at beginning of installing wooshbuild.
i`ll see how i go with this new openatv reflash/wooshbuild install and see how often or annoying it gets,
i`m very tempted to try the plain openatv without a build but knowing me i`ll get myself in knots lol.

thank you.

you can change the language after HDMI/RCA setup, scroll down to Union Jack flag
You don't need a softcam for FTA as there's no line for the softcam to work with

ATV is a German firmware for Enigma2 systems, you have options to change the language in the 1st time setup/welcome screens

As @Graham19811981 said it won't be your provider if you couldn't do anything, if it was your provider you would still be able to operate your box and just the picture would freeze.before you do a software update make sure you make a complete backup as software updates are known to cause issues some times.
ATV is a German firmware for Enigma2 systems, you have options to change the language in the 1st time setup/welcome screens
cheers for that,i have noticed it only does this freezing on the channel i am watching strange ,i can watch any other channel for long periods and works great no probs

hi
Not be supplier, i would say do software update but the way things have been going recently with open atv if you are using that is don’t bother as will end up reflashing! If keeps happening then reflash maybe needed but if not broken don’t fix! I’ve learned this the hard way so it’s your choice lol
i just remembered when it freezes if i click up or down channel on remote and back to the channel its affecting it comes back on ok so not sure

Back