Freezing issue

channelking

Hi guys

I have noticed on some channels they are freezing. In particular BT sports 2 HD. Other sports and BT channels dont freeze but seems this one quite frequently. This has been happening for few days now.

Did reboot box and router but has not helped.

Provider has stated no issue with the channel on their end.

Any idea what it could be causing the issue?

Also is there anyway to clear the channel quickly as when I change from channel to channel it does take quite some time to clear?

Thanks

Firmware can become corrupted and if i have issues i reflash and setup from scratch,make sure your epg is been saved to usb or hdd.

Could having old image cause freezing issues?

Didnt know that tbh.

If your image is out of date then yes, depending on your setup, ie if your using an image based on ATV 6.1 or less then chances are your version of ABM is out of date, you need ATV 6.2 to get the most up to date version of ABM. You need the latest ABM to make sure your provider files are up to date with the correct info for your NetID, if you don't have the correct info for your netid then you will have issues with channels not working, breaking up etc. This is probably the same reason you was getting Tuner Failed error weeks ago.

It is also a high possibility that you line is at fault, this has been mentioned before to you and you tested others but then stuck with your current provider, because you don't want to pay for another.

You know this as you are always having issues but you're not willing to take the advice that you are given to fix them.

Hi mate I had this issue a few months back. It turned out that the signal strength from VM was outside the parameters (-6 to +10) and had to get an engineer out to adjust them in the green box on the road. It turned out mine was on the lowest setting.
To check the power levels you'll need to log into your superhub.

If your image is out of date then yes, depending on your setup, ie if your using an image based on ATV 6.1 or less then chances are your version of ABM is out of date, you need ATV 6.2 to get the most up to date version of ABM. You need the latest ABM to make sure your provider files are up to date with the correct info for your NetID, if you don't have the correct info for your netid then you will have issues with channels not working, breaking up etc. This is probably the same reason you was getting Tuner Failed error weeks ago.

It is also a high possibility that you line is at fault, this has been mentioned before to you and you tested others but then stuck with your current provider, because you don't want to pay for another.

You know this as you are always having issues but you're not willing to take the advice that you are given to fix them.

It has been so long since I updated the image/firmware that yes it is very old. Also I have no clue how to go about reflashing.

Also I will say about tune failed its nothing to do with software but physical issue. Not going to go deep into tune failed anymore. I will accept it as it is. Better than getting abuse from most.

Mate I am not going to argue with you.

As I said previously generally speaking no issue with the providers server, most channels clear fine only couple are freezing and glitching. So for me dont understand why I need to go somewhere else when majority channels are fine.

Seems pointless me making threads. All I can is people jumping down my throat. More and more alienated here unfortunately.

no one us jumping down your throat or alienating you but you have NOT proved that tuner failed is Software or Hardware. It was recommended that you test the box at another location and/or reflash it which would determine where the issue is but you refused to do it. I lose count how many times you have been told to update the software and even had offers of help and you have refused,.

If you ignore advice then why bother asking for it?

It's not hard to reflash and set a box up grog himself has a tutorial for his image there's a tutorial for infinity Bees has done a tutorial probably willo and dsayers2014 has done a tutorial for their images we all had to learn somewhere now would be a good time to start people mentioned a reflash as new images with new updates comes out for the boxes to function how they should or even an update

Back