Freezing problems

the power levels are a bit low.-6 to +10 is the range and some of yours are -6.4, the rest are hovering around -6
I'd contact VM and tell them you've done a scan with pc checker or similar and it's come back with this problem

the power levels are a bit low.-6 to +10 is the range and some of yours are -6.4, the rest are hovering around -6
I'd contact VM and tell them you've done a scan with pc checker or similar and it's come back with this problem

Thanks for your quick response.

Do you advise I disconnect the box before calling them? Also would they need to visit my house to increase the power levels or can that be done remotely?

I'd remove the box before you call them.
They may be able to send a line refresh or adjust some settings remotely but they will probably need to visit.
Don't expect miracles though, this will make a difference to the freezing etc but it probably won't eliminate all of it.
If you are getting it on sports and movies, then these should be greatly improved as these are normally solid on most servers, but if you are still getting it on normal channels like Discovery, Fox and TLC etc then this will probably be a provider issue

Freezing every 20 seconds sports & movies
Did freeze on freeview channels sometimes last year
zgemma h5 2tc
vermin BROADBAND ALSO VERMIN 150MB
mgcamd line - CWS=
Whoosh 6.0
Had same provider all of last year with no problems, just recently renewed.
PING high on`softcam panel - Riding up between 700msec to 2500msec.
Read about known ping issues for gamers on vermin but surprised at this.
Reset modem etc, Ran tests on modem via vermin site. No issues.
Any ideas ? Provider not fast at answering messages

zgemma h5 2tc
mgcamd line - CWS=
Whoosh 6.0

Have you checked the power levels in the router?
post data here as a low signal will cause this

Thanks for your replies so far.
No splitter. I have 2 dedicated vermin lines.
1 for basic tv package
1 for modem superhub 2
Even disconnected ethernet from v6 box to prevent issues

It's highly unlikely that you have two lines, there's only one line comes into the house, it goes through a splitter, then from this, one cable goes to tv box, the other goes to modem/router/hub

oops sorry. I thought you meant splitting just the modem cable.
The splitter is the one they installed. Its been fine up to now.splitter.jpg

the splitter is also highly unlikely to be at fault as technetix are about the best for VM, which only leaves the cables to/from the splitter or it's a provider issue, try a test line and see if it improves

zgemma h5 2tc
mgcamd line - CWS=
Whoosh 6.0
If power levels are OK (over top of my head) and splitter is good then try a test line, it will eliminate that as a possible cause if a good test line still gives you issues.

I don't think he is totally wrong, I think vm have done something that makes it hard for cache servers to work smoothly

The real answer is alot of servers are now utilising cards solely for IPTV purposes. Less cards in circulation = less cache. This is affecting many of the cheap servers that sell at low prices who rely solely on cache from others.

There's hell of alot more money in IPTV than in cs so it's understandable. Also servers with cards are less likely to send there cache to every tom, dick and harry to sell on lines for £10 a year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back