Freezing programs

Right I'm new to this type of thing so here goes!

I have in the past had one of the single tuner boxers (which worked great) but a couple of weeks ago I decided to upgrade and purchase 2S.

Now on the normal freeview channels the SNR is at 100%, but on the Sky programs it is around 69/80%.. so sometimes I get the odd freezing, where the picture will just pixelate and then carrys on! Now this can happen like ones whilst watching a movie or football match, or it can happen several times. The freezing time can be between a second to about 10!

Now I have checked my internet speeds and I am running at 38mb with around 8 ping.

I am going to check the cables again, and see if there is any damage..

I have taken some photos of my tuner signal and was wanting to know what I can do to improve this??

Thanks

Attachments

• 20170118_195736[1].jpg
    20170118_195736[1].jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 20170118_195753[1].jpg
    20170118_195753[1].jpg
    30 KB · Views: 21

daleh43

Right I'm new to this type of thing so here goes!

I have in the past had one of the single tuner boxers (which worked great) but a couple of weeks ago I decided to upgrade and purchase 2S.

Now on the normal freeview channels the SNR is at 100%, but on the Sky programs it is around 69/80%.. so sometimes I get the odd freezing, where the picture will just pixelate and then carrys on! Now this can happen like ones whilst watching a movie or football match, or it can happen several times. The freezing time can be between a second to about 10!

Now I have checked my internet speeds and I am running at 38mb with around 8 ping.

I am going to check the cables again, and see if there is any damage..

I have taken some photos of my tuner signal and was wanting to know what I can do to improve this??

Thanks

Hi,
Could be that the dish is misaligned, either cause by wind or been knocked. its more likely quality of your line, I would ask on here for a test line and compare the two

somebigYEWF

Does it matter what internet provider you are with? Was going to try moving the router closer to the box.. and use a direct Ethernet! With EE btw

daleh43

Does it matter what internet provider you are with? Was going to try moving the router closer to the box.. and use a direct Ethernet! With EE btw

that would affect your line, i'll test your line and if ok connect via ethernet cable. it is always recommended to anyway

Hi I recently flashed my 2 boxes with wooshbuild 5. Zgemma H2S and hs. Both freezing every 15-20 seconds for 5-8 seconds since when the 2 are both turned on. No freezing when only 1 on. Both running wirelessly without a problem until reflash. Tried the usual reboot box and router. No difference. Memory fine. Any suggestions. Thanks

Hi I recently flashed my 2 boxes with wooshbuild 5. Zgemma H2S and hs. Both freezing every 15-20 seconds for 5-8 seconds since when the 2 are both turned on. No freezing when only 1 on. Both running wirelessly without a problem until reflash. Tried the usual reboot box and router. No difference. Memory fine. Any suggestions. Thanks
get 1 line per box

Jagsy

TK Veteran

are you using all tuners on both box`s, what does your supplier allow regarding tuners and box`s? multiroom